Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

From Gatwick, flights up to April 2023 are released. Because they're a charter airline, they can release their flights when they think they'll get sales. I'm guessing regional demand may not run as far out so they're only up to the end of their summer season, so October 2022.

It's not a standard 330 days like the majority of airlines.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I've just booked with TUI but flying from Manchester as i was happy with the prices from there but it was too expensive from Newcastle. Ive booked Manchester as my Daughter & son-in-law might be going but she's restricted with dates so trying to fit in with her. Have you tried Doncaster Sheffield? depending on dates it was coming up cheaper than Manchester.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve flown from Glasgow a few times now over Newcastle for the same reason. Always far cheaper we’ve found so worth the drive up and overnight stay for the savings
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
TUI are a charter airline so don't operate in the same way as scheduled airlines so the 11 months/355 days release prior to departure isn't relevant and they are now selling up to Mar/Apr 2023. They sell their holidays/fly-drives/flight only much earlier so perhaps sign up for email updates and, of course, keep reading the DIBB as it is often the first place to find out information.
Can I ask where you saw the March and April 2023 dates for sale. I’ve been on Tui website doing flight only, fly drive and holidays and I can only seem to get up to October 2022?

Edit: just saw you said drive. Did you leave car at airport parking? What cost is it?

Sorry again

Edited at 12:52 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderellabella View Post
We’ve flown from Glasgow a few times now over Newcastle for the same reason. Always far cheaper we’ve found so worth the drive up and overnight stay for the savings
This was my thoughts. I’ve always flown direct from Newcastle but prices are off the charts. Was the trip up to Glasgow OK. Did you get the train up and down? Or did you drive? What was the hotel like at airport? What were prices like?

Sorry to bombard you
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
I've just booked with TUI but flying from Manchester as i was happy with the prices from there but it was too expensive from Newcastle. Ive booked Manchester as my Daughter & son-in-law might be going but she's restricted with dates so trying to fit in with her. Have you tried Doncaster Sheffield? depending on dates it was coming up cheaper than Manchester.
No I haven’t but I’m off to look now, thanks for the tip

Edit: just did dummy booking from Doncaster direct flight for 2 adults 3 children coming in at £1329 per person so £6644 for 5 seats .

Think I’ll stick an extra ticket on lottery tonight

Edited at 12:56 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Hi all

Just looking at flight prices with Tui for July 2022. 2 adults and three kids. Direct from Glasgow seems very reasonable (see below) then Newcastle prices go nearly double. Am I missing something obvious or is this just the price it is. I love flying from Newcastle but even I am balking at that price difference.

Another strange thing is I live in Scotland and can’t even get a price for a flight from Glasgow, no matter what date I select it says no flights or fly drives available, only a package with hotel. I tried the dates in your photo and same thing. No flights available 🤷🏼
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
Another strange thing is I live in Scotland and can’t even get a price for a flight from Glasgow, no matter what date I select it says no flights or fly drives available, only a package with hotel. I tried the dates in your photo and same thing. No flights available 🤷🏼
Very strange indeed. I can feel a conspiracy theory brimming

Edit: just did another dummy booking from Glasgow and it allows me through to get the tickets.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Old 9 Oct 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Can I ask where you saw the March and April 2023 dates for sale. I’ve been on Tui website doing flight only, fly drive and holidays and I can only seem to get up to October 2022?

Edit: just saw you said drive. Did you leave car at airport parking? What cost is it?

Sorry again
I include Gatwick in the search so that is why March April came up (they will be trying to catch the Easter 2034 visitors).

I mentioned fly-drive which is flight plus car hire in the US not drive to a UK airport but perhaps that comment was for another poster just before or after my original post
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

This was my thoughts. I’ve always flown direct from Newcastle but prices are off the charts. Was the trip up to Glasgow OK. Did you get the train up and down? Or did you drive? What was the hotel like at airport? What were prices like?

Sorry to bombard you
We drove up, took us about 3-3 1/2 hours. We stayed at a hotel near/on airport, I think it was premier inn. For parking we’ve done the meet and greet and also parking offsite. The parking offsite you have to get a shuttle bus over to airport but was only a few minutes.

The drive back is the worst bit, we made one coffee stop .

We’d definitely do it again for the saving. In 2019 we got a package for a week for 4 of us for £1600, we couldn’t get to Spain for that!
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List