Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Uptheowls
New Poster (5)

Melbounre Airport to Disney Springs area

Hi All, first post on here so be gentle
Been to Disney over 20 times, we've booked Tui from Manchester to Melbourne next year, trying this new route for June 2022. Does anyone have an insight into transfers ?
Probably going with taxi's because the hotel we are staying at charges $45 per night to park ! ouch!
So Uber's or Lyft all the way ...
Do you think the Disney Express will operate from MEL airtport?
Thanks in advance.
Uptheowls is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Hi, we haven't flown into Melbourne but often visit the area for the historic area and they have a great market at weekends. The journey up to Disney Springs will take a good couple of hours depending on the route taken, the quickest would probably be up the Turnpike, if you/driver goes along the 192 there are so many traffic lights it will take longer. I think the Disney Express is going to be discontinued but that was because they are expanding the train service from MCO down to disney.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

$45 /night to park? Ouch indeed!
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The Magical Express service is ending this year as mentioned, but it only ever ran from MCO to the Disney owned resorts. All the other airports and hotels are make your own way.

Did you book your hotel separately or as a package with TUI? I believe TUI will offer transfers for package customers, same as they did from Sanford. If it's a flight only booking, I'm not sure what your options with TUI are so you're probably going to be relying on taxis or Ubers.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Uptheowls View Post
Hi All, first post on here so be gentle
Been to Disney over 20 times, we've booked Tui from Manchester to Melbourne next year, trying this new route for June 2022. Does anyone have an insight into transfers ?
Probably going with taxi's because the hotel we are staying at charges $45 per night to park ! ouch!
So Uber's or Lyft all the way ...
Do you think the Disney Express will operate from MEL airtport?
Thanks in advance.
Where are you staying to charge $45 a night.
As for the drive there are plenty of comments on here with routes for driving which list it as about 1 hour 20 minutes dependent of coursecwherevyounarecstaying.
As for transfers I believe Mears have listed transfers on their site.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Uptheowls
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Where are you staying to charge $45 a night.
As for the drive there are plenty of comments on here with routes for driving which list it as about 1 hour 20 minutes dependent of coursecwherevyounarecstaying.
As for transfers I believe Mears have listed transfers on their site.
Hi we are staying at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, slight mistake its $40per night for the parking, the daily resort charge is $45 per night lol
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Uptheowls
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The Magical Express service is ending this year as mentioned, but it only ever ran from MCO to the Disney owned resorts. All the other airports and hotels are make your own way.

Did you book your hotel separately or as a package with TUI? I believe TUI will offer transfers for package customers, same as they did from Sanford. If it's a flight only booking, I'm not sure what your options with TUI are so you're probably going to be relying on taxis or Ubers.
We've booked a fly drive.. flying from Manchester. done a seperate booking for the hotel.
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ae111sr
Proud to wear my Ears

We've booked a fly drive.. flying from Manchester. done a seperate booking for the hotel.
Just wondering if the fly-drive entitles you to an ATOL certificate? When we asked we were told that booking a TUI a fly-drive does not come with an ATOL certificate - only if you book a package holiay. Thanks
ae111sr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I got an atol certificate for my Tui fly drive next year when I booked it in 2020.
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi we are staying at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, slight mistake its $40per night for the parking, the daily resort charge is $45 per night lol
I believe that is bonnet creek which although is on Disney property is not covered by Disney transport. When we stayed at Bonnet Creek we discovered even Disney Springs was not really walkable . A great hotel though
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List