Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Oct 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bluebell2go
slightly serious Dibber

Transport from International Drive

My daughter and family have booked 11 days in May at the Rosen on International Drive. Only planning to visit Disney. They have decided not to hire a car and the hotel's free shuttle only goes to Universal. They have worked out that the cost of local bus from ID to Disney is $20 return per person per day and they think they could get an Uber there and back every day for the same price. Children are 7 and 11. Any thoughts on convenience/inconvenience of the bus, and also how close to the park can an Uber go? Your experience would be greatly welcome. If you have any other ideas on alternative transport, that would be great.
bluebell2go is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Restomaniac
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by bluebell2go View Post
My daughter and family have booked 11 days in May at the Rosen on International Drive. Only planning to visit Disney. They have decided not to hire a car and the hotel's free shuttle only goes to Universal. They have worked out that the cost of local bus from ID to Disney is $20 return per person per day and they think they could get an Uber there and back every day for the same price. Children are 7 and 11. Any thoughts on convenience/inconvenience of the bus, and also how close to the park can an Uber go? Your experience would be greatly welcome. If you have any other ideas on alternative transport, that would be great.
We used Lyft from that very same hotel (I assume you mean the Rosen inn international on I-Drive) It was around $20-$25 each way and they actually drove into the car park as they have drop off places.
In fact I only on Monday compared the today’s prices with my historic fares still on my Phone from our last visit in 2018 (our kids were 8&9 then) and the estimates are almost identical.

What we ended up doing was getting breakfast at the Denny’s next door to the hotel and ordering our Lyft from there.

Edited at 11:54 PM.
Restomaniac is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

My daughter used Uber a couple of years back when working over there. She said it worked well but the wait for one if you stayed until after the fireworks was quite long
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Restomaniac
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
My daughter used Uber a couple of years back when working over there. She said it worked well but the wait for one if you stayed until after the fireworks was quite long
Yeah that is a problem but it’s par the course.
Restomaniac is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I'm sure the rosen hotels have a paid transfer to disney parks that you book at reception, just like they would for the universal/seaworld free transfer
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bluebell2go
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
If they did decide to use the bus (I’ve done it from I-drive, it’s fun! It’s certainly not quick, it does take a while but perfectly doable if you’re prepared) then it’ll be much more cost effective to buy the lynx bus 7 day pass for $16 dollars each - you used to be able to buy them from the visitors centre in I-drive - then they will have unlimited travel for 7 days of the trip.

For convenience, I’d use Uber. Although do check with Rosen as I’m sure they used to offer an additional transfer to Disney for a cost however that may have changed in years since and from COVID etc.
How long is the bus journey from the Rosen to Disney?
bluebell2go is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluebell2go View Post
Have they thought about changing their hotel to one closer to Disney ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I was going to suggest the same. If they are only doing Disney, I would see if they can change to Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista. Much closer, and offers the free shuttles to Disney instead of Universal. Should be around the same price as the other Rosens.

ETA: Apparently the Lynx bus is stopping the 50 bus service to TTC later this year. It will only be running to Disney Springs. So they'd then have to transfer from there which you can't do directly to the parks and isn't useful in the mornings as the DS buses back to the resorts generally don't start until after DS opens at 10am.

Edited at 12:35 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have stayed at the Rosen LBV and it is very handy for Disney, we used the Lynx 50 but if that is no longer an option their shuttle service was very good. Not sure about now after covid but they had a shuttle at 7.30am and a shuttle at 11.30pm plus others in between so plenty of options. Also an uber was only about $12. Plenty of places to eat within a short walk and even more just 10 mins away.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Don’t bother with the hotel shuttle bus, they stop at other rosen properties on way to Disney so it takes ages. The lynx bus is super cheap but involves a change at sea harbour drive by seaworld but it takes a long time and you have to take into account that whilst there is a timetable buses often run late. Your best bet is uber or lyft, I looked at my uber app and my average cost from the rosen pointe to Disney springs was $16 , and from rosen pointe to the contemporary resort ( best place to get dropped off for going to magic kingdom) was $20 they often send you discounts aswell so it can be even cheaper

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List