Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 14, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I've always found a mixed bag on the flights to and from Vegas.

The flight can be made up of holiday makers, People going to conventions and the dreaded stag parties.

We have only even had problems once and that was a large group of guys who were being very loud and using very bad language - I have to admit I did shout at them to keep their language down and that seemed to work.

There is no excuse for an airline to let drunken people on board, firstly it is dangerous and secondly it makes it a very unpleasant experience for the crew and other passengers.

The problem is that when there are drunks on board the crew restrict the alcohol for the other passengers we don't all get drunk on board but I do like a couple of glasses of wine and a few Bacardi and cokes.

Airlines need to stop this happening and refuse boarding to anyone under the influence of alcohol.
Old 15 Mar 14, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Tbh I would gave thought it was more of an issue in vegas itself, on the weekend there were loads of drunken idiots on stag parties. Weekdays were fine but I found the weekend intimidating when wandering about.
Old 15 Mar 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Tbh I would gave thought it was more of an issue in vegas itself, on the weekend there were loads of drunken idiots on stag parties. Weekdays were fine but I found the weekend intimidating when wandering about.
Nope never had a issue in Vegas with drunken people and last week we had the NASCAR fans there and this week the spring break crowd there so very busy. The strip has been heaving this past week both day and night time but i've never seen any trouble, but as usual there has been plenty of security out and about on the strip.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I've always found a mixed bag on the flights to and from Vegas.

The flight can be made up of holiday makers, People going to conventions and the dreaded stag parties.

We have only even had problems once and that was a large group of guys who were being very loud and using very bad language - I have to admit I did shout at them to keep their language down and that seemed to work.

There is no excuse for an airline to let drunken people on board, firstly it is dangerous and secondly it makes it a very unpleasant experience for the crew and other passengers.

The problem is that when there are drunks on board the crew restrict the alcohol for the other passengers we don't all get drunk on board but I do like a couple of glasses of wine and a few Bacardi and cokes.

Airlines need to stop this happening and refuse boarding to anyone under the influence of alcohol.

I do agree it was down to VA, They can't fail to have seen the stag party outside the departure gate drinking and being obnoxious so why they were allowed to board i don't know.

And why carry on serving them drinks when they clearly couldn't behave.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Wow, well what a stupid stupid man - hope he gets denied access to USA, irresponsible idiot! :angry:

As for cabin bags, on our flight back to UK earlier this week on British Airways on TWO occasions overhead lockers fell open, once on take off and everything was bouncing around, obviously VERY VERY heavy and bulky bags in there, cabin crew had to get out of her seat and run and close it!
And on descent in PE another overhead locker bounced open, again stuffed with HUGE bags. Too heavy for the locker catch obviously.

Always astounded at the amount and size of hand luggage you can take on BA, and some people really take the pee. There would be NO room whatsoever if all passengers did this.
Hand luggage wasn't weighed yesterday in Vegas either but some people had huge bags, they must have been well over the limit and several people had more than 1 bag each, it seems hand luggage isn't policed at all.
Old 15 Mar 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread