Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 15, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hiya Michelle

We have booked the Chelsea Motor Inn on Lombard Street which comes with free parking as we'll have our car. It was very reasonably priced and the reviews seem decent. It's nothing posh but for me it's just a comfortable bed for the night.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 15, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We dropped the car back at the rental garage at SFO before heading into San Fran as the parking charges were really expensive. $50 plus tax was pretty average. I believe I saw some with parking included but the location wasn't as central to the main tourist areas.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 15, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi Marion

Thanks for that.. will have a look - bet you're excited?
Old 11 May 15, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Hi Marion

Thanks for that.. will have a look - bet you're excited?
Yeah VERY excited - i'm bouncing off the walls lol

I've added you to the group i've made on my facebook page about our trip. Hope you don't mind. If it's not your thing I won't be offended if you leave lol. It's only me that posts everything about our upcoming trip i.e. the hotels we're staying in, what we're hoping to do, all the songs i've downloaded for our road trip etc etc
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
Yeah VERY excited - i'm bouncing off the walls lol

I've added you to the group i've made on my facebook page about our trip. Hope you don't mind. If it's not your thing I won't be offended if you leave lol. It's only me that posts everything about our upcoming trip i.e. the hotels we're staying in, what we're hoping to do, all the songs i've downloaded for our road trip etc etc
No of course I don't mind. Looking forward to hearing all about it

You're going to love the Grand Canyon.. pictures just don't do it justice IMO
Old 12 May 15, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alysond
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at the Hotel California.. luckily we could check out and leave too! It`s close to Union Square and has some lovely breakfast places close by, Dave`s Deli being one. The rooms were small but I wanted to be in a “proper” SF hotel, not in a chain where I could be anywhere in the world.
I liked Fisherman`s Wharf but I'm glad we didn`t stay there, it felt a bit too much like Epcot to me!
alysond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Hi all

Trying to find a decent priced hotel in San Fran, my head is hurting looking at all the different ones.

We've never been to San Fran before so... which area is best to stay in? Any recommendations on hotels?

Thanks in advance.
We stayed in the Baldwin Hotel. Like you, my head was hurting from looking at hotels but we got this hotel at a good rate, with parking included in a car lot next door. Rooms were small but had everything we needed. It is located right at the gate of Chinatown and only a five minute walk from Union Square, Macy's etc and is a great shopping area. The "hop on-hop off" tour bus runs pretty close by and you can walk to Fisherman's Wharf from here, maybe 30 mins and downhill! San Fran is a great city, wherever you decide to stay you will have a great time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks ladies - really appreciate all the suggestions
Old 12 May 15, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Debs706
Earning More Ears

Hi, another good one is the Columbus Motor Inn. This is just a 5 min walk from Fishermans Wharf, has free parking and I think was around $200 per night in July. As with the Chelsea Motor inn it's nothing fancy but great location, clean big rooms and suited 3 of us (me, dh & 5 yr old son).
Have fun planning 😀
Debs706 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Debs706 View Post
Hi, another good one is the Columbus Motor Inn. This is just a 5 min walk from Fishermans Wharf, has free parking and I think was around $200 per night in July. As with the Chelsea Motor inn it's nothing fancy but great location, clean big rooms and suited 3 of us (me, dh & 5 yr old son).
Have fun planning 😀
I noticed this one today. Is it ok and in a decent area?