Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Oh wow what an incredible time you had! Sounds just perfect and great to do it as a family

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 16, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I got a bit emotional reading this. It sounds like you had such an amazing time. I hope to do something similar sometime in the future.
Thanks for sharing.
I did too!

We felt the same way when we did a similar trip when our kids were teenagers - in fact it came up in conversation when I was out to lunch with my son today. He's 27 now. Lovely memories.

Would love to see your photos

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goodisoner
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great read that was.

Joint profile for Mr and Mrs Goodisoner.
Staybridge Suites I-Drive 2011, Homewood Suites I-Drive 2013,
Old Key West August 2015,
West Coast, Vegas & Orlando 2017.
Goodisoner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds absolutely amazing! It's 4 weeks until our trip and you're now making me regret that we haven't included half what you have! I've definitely now (since reading your report) etched in a visit to the science centre did it take you long to get around it, half a day would you say? I'd like to see Endeavour
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post, it's a great read!
Looking forward to our trip just so I can separate my son from his xbox for some quality family time
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Love reading highs and lows - sounds like an amazing trip!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting this. I'm planning a California holiday for 2017 & so many things on your highs list are on my list 2. It really helps reading other people's posts when planning.
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post

Whilst we go to Florida regularly I don’t think we will repeat this trip - not that we didn’t enjoy it - far from it - but for the simple reason that it would spoil it as wouldn’t be as special - and it really was special. Our 2 typical grumpy teen boys reverted to childhood again at times and really bonded again. In fact it was true quality family time for us all. I was a bit apprehensive about what to expect before we went on this trip - but I am sooooo glad we did.
Firstly a big thank you for taking the time to share this - I hope it helped with the jet lag! If anyone needed proof there is another America this is it. I love the contrast between the decadence of LA (which I'm not a fan of) to the nature and simplicity of the parks.

I also understand why you would not want to repeat it. This was probably so magical that if you do it again there may be a chance you would take some of the shine away from the original

Once again, thanks for sharing.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Wow, what an amazing sounding trip, so many unforgettable sounding moments. Thanks for sharing.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by lovinit View Post
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post, it's a great read!
Looking forward to our trip just so I can separate my son from his xbox for some quality family time
I remember going on a short camping break one year and in the tent on the next pitch to us they had brought with them a 42" TV and PS3...I've heard of Glamping but that is crazy (IMHO)

It wasn't you was it?!
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread