Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Sep 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I hate the jumpers
But I hate space invaders more
Ugh I’ve had more then one confrontation about people shoving my kids when we were sat on the kerb for a parade we have waited an hour and a half for at mnsshp
This woman had a go at me (I was sat on the edge too)
She soon backed the hell down when I stood up and i towered over her (I’m just shy of 6ft and female) and told her in no uncertain term to sod off
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
If you don't like the queue jumping and general bad manners (I don't!) then I can highly recommend going to Tokyo Disney. No queue jumping, everything is organised and respect is given to people nearby.

Even for the parades, everyone sat down so that everyone got a good view.

Really good atmosphere at both of the Tokyo parks.

I never had much of an issue in Florida or Anaheim to be honest, but Paris and Hong Kong take some matching.

I've spent time in China too and based on the general populus there I can imagine Shanghai being an extra 'special' place. Have to do it one day for the full set I guess..
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just got back from DLP, didn't notice much q jumping but I did find personal space an issue - often the person behind me in a queue felt it necessary to press themselves into my rucksack! The issue with parades/fireworks was more noticeable. There were always people trying to push in front of us just before they started. On our last evening we had found a decent spot for Illuminations with a clear view of the castle then as soon as the show started a child was hoisted onto shoulders blocking the view of anyone less than 8ft tall so I moved over slightly and then 2 phones were held up to record the show in my direct eyeline. So I definitely agree children and phones shouldn't be held up above head height. An area at the front where parents and children can sit down is an excellent idea.
Hoping to go to Tokyo soon, it sounds so civilised!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Personally if there was a child infront that needed the toilet and one of the parents took them and joined them after taking them id have no problem with it? I genuinely don’t see the problem with that.
I’m not sure if I may have done that before where we have queued then my daughter needed the toilet, if I thought the queue was moving slowly I’d suggest my partner quickly taking her and coming back.
(Yes we make sure she goes before we go on rides especially after her saying she needed it in the queue)

I have a problem with one person queing then a while later a group of others join them. That’s irritating.

I don’t have a problem with waiting for parades and someone leaves to grab snacks or take their children to the toilet and coming back to their place...again what’s the problem?

Tbh fast passes has solved this problem for us. Our trip this year was one of the best we’ve had.
I’ve always found DLP to be the WORST for pushing in, allowing children to push infront of you and just a general lack of queuing especially for the busses.
When I was clearly pregnant I had my case and was trying to get of the bus and instead I had everyone charging at me, pushing me about instead of just letting people off first 🙄

Edited at 10:29 AM.
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

My new and quite unexpected strategy with queue jumpers seems to be to shame them with a small child who tells them off! We were in DCA a few weeks ago and managed to meet up with the same queue jumping family on multiple rides. They were helping themselves to the gate near the front that is clearly marked 'cast members only'.

The first time, we grimaced and they ended up a couple families behind us, but DS could tell something weird was happening.
The second time, DS figured it out, then looked at the sign on the gate, and in classic 'I Am Learning The Phonics' style, pointed out 'C...A...S...T. This says cast. That means you should have the special badge because you work here. Where is your special badge? Do you really work here?' DS may be one who narrates his entire life to anyone who will listen, so this is not at all out of character and I had to focus so hard not to just fall over laughing!

...queue jumping family turned bright red and backtracked. Job done!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We saw it a lot on this trip, it gets on my nerves. People should either all enter the line together or if that’s too challenging, the people further ahead should let the people between the two groups go past so they are essentially waiting for the other half who were further back. Not the other way around, it’s just rude.

This year two guys pushed past everyone in the Test Track line claiming they were with some people up ahead. When they got to the entrance to the design studio, the two groups ahead of us alerted the CMs who were directing people onto the ‘circles’ as it was clear there was no one else in this party. They pulled them aside and an exchange took place that we couldn’t hear. After a few seconds one of the guys gave up and left but the other one was really going for it with some sort of story. The CM was having none of it though and after a minute or so, he sent him back out via the single rider line. It was a few minutes until park close at that point so he wasn’t getting on the ride that evening.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Isn't the solution if you want to put a child on your shoulders you stand at the back rather than the front, they can still see and so can everyone else .

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Children on shoulders is a pain. But as a Dad to a 4 year old its an impossible situation. Do I not put her on my shoulders and in the end she sees nothing or do I put her on my shoulders and let her see everything. There isn't really a middle ground and even when you have room adults move into the space with no regard for the little ones. You need quite a bit of open space for such short people to be able to see.

In the end I am of the firm mindset that Disney is first and foremost for the kids. Before I had kids I thought this and didn't grumble when I had to move because view got blocked by a little one.

My solution is to book the desert party and buy the room. Not an option for everyone sadly.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Isn't the solution if you want to put a child on your shoulders you stand at the back rather than the front, they can still see and so can everyone else .
But in the case of watching Wishes / Happily Ever After, standing at the back would mean watching the firework show from outside Magic Kingdom.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
But in the case of watching Wishes / Happily Ever After, standing at the back would mean watching the firework show from outside Magic Kingdom.

You could be like those people I see at the local November fireworks display that stand outside the park gate to watch it for free rather than paying £4 to the rotary club that organised it like everybody else.
Old 29 Sep 18, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I can think of several spots ... but I get what you are saying. I really don't like the refuge camp Wishes has become with people camped out for a good view.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List