Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Oct 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Craggle
Staying in the Castle

Managing QSDP credits

Hi Folks

I'm way ahead of myself, we don't go until October next year, but this will be our first time staying at a Disney Resort.

We're on the Quick Service Dining Plan.

I'm trying to find some information on managing the credits for the group as a whole. I read the pinned post and it seems to say that one band can be used to redeem credits for everyone's meal per room.

What I'm looking to understand is if we have 1 adult and 2 children per room each with their own band they have
28 QS credits each and
28 Snack Credits each

I initially thought everyone would be in charge of their own credits so they've all have to queue and scan their bands, so how does it work, we go to a quick service place and order 3 meals because obviously sometimes it will be easier for me to go grab the food while they get a table.

Collectively the room has 75 Quick Service credits - 3 x 28
Now there are 72 after we've had this meal but how does that effect each persons entitlement? Do the kids bands have their own personal limit and mine has the full room quota that would diminish as the kids used theirs?

I hope this makes sense, thanks in advance
Craggle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Everything is charged per room.

Each band can be used in isolation to use ALL the credits for the group.

When we last went, i used my band for ALL our credits. (As i am the designated tray carrier and Mrs D332 is the designated table locator.!

Its a collective arrangement.

Happy planning.

Disney332
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not sure if it's different with kids, but when my husband and I were on the QSDP last year either one of us could pay for meals or snacks with our credits and it came out of the same pool of credits. The receipt you get from the cashier will show the number of credits used and those remaining for the whole party. You can also check your remaining credits on the MDE app. I'd assume the only difference with children is that some of your QS credits are only valid for kids meals?
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Craggle
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Everything is charged per room.

Each band can be used in isolation to use ALL the credits for the group.

When we last went, i used my band for ALL our credits. (As i am the designated tray carrier and Mrs D332 is the designated table locator.!

Its a collective arrangement.

Happy planning.

Disney332
Thanks, that's the clarification I was looking for. We have a teen with a seemingly bottomless stomach so I was slightly concerned about his ability to just swipe and eat as he pleased. Fortunately not on my room booking
Craggle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You need a PIN to redeem any credits and you can change the PIN for anyone on your MDE account that you make plans for. For example, my Mum never created her own account so I was “in charge” of hers. I created her PIN which was a number she requested but I could have changed it at any time and she wouldn’t have been able to access her credits (not that I’m that mean!). You could do this for kids.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

All of the credits are pooled and you only need to scan 1 band to pay for all the meals. The credits aren't individually allocated, so you won't be left with X credits for person 1, X credits for person 2 etc, there will just be a total balance of all credits left.

Adult and child quick service credits are exactly the same too - there is no differentiation, so you don't have to keep track of how many adult and how many child credits you have used. They're just all QS credits. It also means that you can order anything from the menu for children and don't have to stick to the children's menu which can be quite limited. This can be quite handy if you have younger children who may be happy to share a meal too.

The credits don't have to be used in any specific order wither. So, you don't have to use 2 QS and 2 snack credits per person per day. You can use them in any order and quanitiy that you like. They don't expire or get taken from your account if you don't use the daily allocation. They stay on your account and expire at midnight on the day you check out. You can now keep track of credits on MDE too, and they're also shown on your receipt every time you use some.

Depending on the age of the children, you may want to allow them to be able to get their own meals and snacks. If you'd like to do that, then you just assign a pin number to their magic band and they can scan it to redeem credits just as the adults can, We usually use the year of birth for our children as something easy to remember.

It's a really flexible system! I wrote a QSDP food report during our trip last year with photos of everything we ate and how we used our credits what you might find a useful read. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Craggle
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You need a PIN to redeem any credits and you can change the PIN for anyone on your MDE account that you make plans for. For example, my Mum never created her own account so I was “in charge” of hers. I created her PIN which was a number she requested but I could have changed it at any time and she wouldn’t have been able to access her credits (not that I’m that mean!). You could do this for kids.
Excellent info, this sounds like something I could do - only for a short while
Old 30 Oct 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Craggle
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
All of the credits are pooled and you only need to scan 1 band to pay for all the meals. The credits aren't individually allocated, so you won't be left with X credits for person 1, X credits for person 2 etc, there will just be a total balance of all credits left.

Adult and child quick service credits are exactly the same too - there is no differentiation, so you don't have to keep track of how many adult and how many child credits you have used. They're just all QS credits. It also means that you can order anything from the menu for children and don't have to stick to the children's menu which can be quite limited. This can be quite handy if you have younger children who may be happy to share a meal too.

The credits don't have to be used in any specific order wither. So, you don't have to use 2 QS and 2 snack credits per person per day. You can use them in any order and quanitiy that you like. They don't expire or get taken from your account if you don't use the daily allocation. They stay on your account and expire at midnight on the day you check out. You can now keep track of credits on MDE too, and they're also shown on your receipt every time you use some.

Depending on the age of the children, you may want to allow them to be able to get their own meals and snacks. If you'd like to do that, then you just assign a pin number to their magic band and they can scan it to redeem credits just as the adults can, We usually use the year of birth for our children as something easy to remember.

It's a really flexible system! I wrote a QSDP food report during our trip last year with photos of everything we ate and how we used our credits what you might find a useful read. ]
Cheers, I actually read through that whole thready yesterday on my lunch, very informative.
Old 30 Oct 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

It worked well for us (me and my two 13 year olds). They could 'purchase' food with the band and pin but NOT anything else...
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List