Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Oct 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

ADRs- what time?!

Forgive a Disney newbie, I know this gets asked a lot but I'm confused.

What time does the 180 day ADR booking window open? I thought it was at 11am or 12pm but when I went on this morning to mess around on MDE it seemed bookings are open earlier than that? In the morning it was showing up until the 29th April (which I think is 180 days out) and now it's still showing the same- so I can book early in the morning?

ADR day is on Monday as far as I can work out (we arrive 4th May)
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They open at 6 am Eastern standard time (GMT-4), which as the clocks went back in the UK last weekend is 10 am here.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cap'n Jack
Very Serious Dibber

Cap'n Jack's Reviews
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Forgive a Disney newbie, I know this gets asked a lot but I'm confused.

What time does the 180 day ADR booking window open? I thought it was at 11am or 12pm but when I went on this morning to mess around on MDE it seemed bookings are open earlier than that? In the morning it was showing up until the 29th April (which I think is 180 days out) and now it's still showing the same- so I can book early in the morning?

ADR day is on Monday as far as I can work out (we arrive 4th May)
Hi, Squish the whale,Be aware, at the moment there is a problem with the online booking calendar. My '180 day' was on Sunday but I could not book more than 1 day as all the other days (up to May 11th) were 'greyed out' so I phoned 0800 028 0778 then option 3 'dining help' and customer services made my reservations. I've just now done day 14 as the calendar is still not working. I have spoken with IT services and they say they are 'fixing' the problem. NOTE the phone service opens at 12 noon our time

Edited at 02:06 PM.
Cap'n Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lewis
New Poster (4)

Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
Hi, Squish the whale,Be aware, at the moment there is a problem with the online booking calendar. My '180 day' was on Sunday but I could not book more than 1 day as all the other days (up to May 11th) were 'greyed out' so I phoned 0800 028 0778 then option 3 'dining help' and customer services made my reservations. I've just now done day 14 as the calendar is still not working. I have spoken with IT services and they say they are 'fixing' the problem. NOTE the phone service opens at 12 noon our time
I had the exact same problem, but found changing the language to 'English (United States)' somehow made everything work! Failing that, the MDE App works a treat
Lewis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
They open at 6 am Eastern standard time (GMT-4), which as the clocks went back in the UK last weekend is 10 am here.
I believe that the US also changes its clocks this coming weekend, so 6am there is currently 10am here for online bookings BUT the OP is looking to book on Monday which may be back to 11am here.

I was advised this in another thread but am not 100% sure when the US does their clock thing

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cap'n Jack
Very Serious Dibber

Cap'n Jack's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I had the exact same problem, but found changing the language to 'English (United States)' somehow made everything work! Failing that, the MDE App works a treat
Hi, yes they asked me to try that but it didn't work, I also tried using the Firefox browser instead of my usual browser 'Safari' and that also didn't work
Cap'n Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you so much! Not sure about the US clocks so I will check at 10 and 11. I have heard about all the issues it is having- really hope it behaves itself for me. At least I have all of your suggestions to get round it if it doesn't!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

my ADR day is this sunday (the day the clocks go back) and I believe it is 11AM UK time when I can book online

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I also had to do that!

Glad I saw someone had suggested it on here.

Just got one day left to do now.
Managed to get everything I was after so far.

The app didn’t work for me either though I’m afraid.
X
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cap'n Jack
Very Serious Dibber

Cap'n Jack's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyStacey View Post
I also had to do that!

Glad I saw someone had suggested it on here.

Just got one day left to do now.
Managed to get everything I was after so far.

The app didn’t work for me either though I’m afraid.
X
Hi, same for me just got my last ADR booking, breakfast on our last day. Also got everything we wanted