Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Apr 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Which Disney park is your favourite?

Just out of curiosity!

I don't think I can pick...

I think I'm joint first for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, then Animal Kingdom, and then Epcot.

I don't think anything can beat the magic of Magic Kingdom, and walking down Main Street for the first time, with all the noises and smells around you and seeing the castle but there's also something I love about Hollywood Studios that I can't put my finger on, and I haven't even been to Toy Story Land yet!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

I love all of the parks for different reasons.

MK - this is Disney for me. I went as a child and now I get to share the magic with my kids.
Epcot - I love the world pavillions and living with the land always makes me happy.
HS - I love the architecture and the feel of the park. Also I am sooo excited by Star Wars opening.
AK - Animals. Disney. Together = win/win.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
I love all of the parks for different reasons.

MK - this is Disney for me. I went as a child and now I get to share the magic with my kids.
Epcot - I love the world pavillions and living with the land always makes me happy.
HS - I love the architecture and the feel of the park. Also I am sooo excited by Star Wars opening.
AK - Animals. Disney. Together = win/win.
Ooo, we have a similar countdown! When we booked last Summer I purposely picked our date as Stars Wars was late Fall, and then as updates came in I thought we were going to miss it by a few weeks. I was so pleased with the announcement that we're going to be there
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Favourites in order:

Epcot for the food and wine festival, interesting shops, soarin', test track, living with the land (a guilty pleasure for me) and club cool. Losing that last one though soon I really love walking round it, trying cool new snacks/drinks. Also has the best music.

Animal Kingdom for the safari, everest, Dinosaur, the animal trails and FoP. I love the lush greenery, doesn't feel like a theme park to me, and I love all the animals. Jambo!

Hollywood studios and MK are tied for my least favourites (or were, star wars will be open next time I'm there, might change things.) MK has more stuff, love the mountains. Not all that fussed on the castle, was never my icon of Disney, for me that was the Epcot sphere.

Main issue (though not the only one) with MK for me is the crowds and the way people behave, even in September last year it was horrific. People are walking every which way, near Splash mountain I counted FIVE major directions of people to try and keep track of all merging into one open area. I nearly got taken out several times by rogue walkers/drivers. Will be skipping it next trip for this reason.

Hollywood studios has its own problems. I miss lights motors action (the old, proper one) and the backlot tour, the great movie ride was cool in 2009. Things shut but nothing opened to replace them until recently. I'll be interested to see if Disney can bring it back from its current coma. I'm sure they will, no doubt it will be my number 3 fave next trip.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Magic Kingdom for the "I'm back home" feeling of walking down Main Street on the first day of the holiday but I do have a soft spot for Epcot, particularly world showcase.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Favourites in order:

Epcot for the food and wine festival, interesting shops, soarin', test track, living with the land (a guilty pleasure for me) and club cool. Losing that last one though soon I really love walking round it, trying cool new snacks/drinks. Also has the best music.

Animal Kingdom for the safari, everest, Dinosaur, the animal trails and FoP. I love the lush greenery, doesn't feel like a theme park to me, and I love all the animals. Jambo!

Hollywood studios and MK are tied for my least favourites (or were, star wars will be open next time I'm there, might change things.) MK has more stuff, love the mountains. Not all that fussed on the castle, was never my icon of Disney, for me that was the Epcot sphere.

Main issue (though not the only one) with MK for me is the crowds and the way people behave, even in September last year it was horrific. People are walking every which way, near Splash mountain I counted FIVE major directions of people to try and keep track of all merging into one open area. I nearly got taken out several times by rogue walkers/drivers. Will be skipping it next trip for this reason.

Hollywood studios has its own problems. I miss lights motors action (the old, proper one) and the backlot tour, the great movie ride was cool in 2009. Things shut but nothing opened to replace them until recently. I'll be interested to see if Disney can bring it back from its current coma. I'm sure they will, no doubt it will be my number 3 fave next trip.
Haha, our lists are reversed! To be fair, I do love Epcot, it's just the one I like the least out of them all. My mind could be changed to put it up the list after this trip as we're finally going to be there for the food & wine festival, and I am very excited about all the food! I am sad about Club Cool though and wondering whether I'm going to get one last visit!

Also, Everest is my favourite ride! So I think I like AK for the rides, although I do love ToT and Toy Story Mania...

I think I just like MK for the atmosphere (bar the craziness from people)
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hollywood Studios is our favourite! Toy Story Mania, Rockin Rollercoaster, ToT, Fantasmic, Star Wars fireworks, and the carrot cake cookie!

I also just love the decor and vibes
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love them all but MK will always be my fave - I just love that magical feeling when you first enter and see the castle and Main Street. I'm a big fan of fireworks too and the MK fireworks are my favourite.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Ooo, we have a similar countdown! When we booked last Summer I purposely picked our date as Stars Wars was late Fall, and then as updates came in I thought we were going to miss it by a few weeks. I was so pleased with the announcement that we're going to be there
We will be getting to the end of our holiday just as you arrive! I am very excited that Galaxy's Edge will be open when we are there.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List