Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
To be fair when replica tops became widely available 20 odd years ago you would lots of adults wearing them this seems to have died off.
Not in Newcastle it hasn't. With the exception of Scottish club fans I reckon they wear them the most
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

When we used to go in July it was the best way to find out what the new kit was for all the various clubs
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Not sure what my DS would wear if football shirts weren't allowed. He has a draw full and is all he wears We had some interesting encounters last time as he has shirts from all over the world so people would talk to him in the language of the shirt he was wearing. Made for some interesting conversations lol! We then bought 3 more out there - 1 in the UK Pavillion in EPCOT and 2 in the sports shop at Disney Springs. Cost a fortune but it was what he wanted to spend his money on 🙄

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Perfectly acceptable for anyone under the age of 16, above that always looks a bit tragic imho
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My son’s wore his before , no different to an adult wearing a grumpy/Mickey t shirt . Wear what you feel comfortable in and forget about judgey people, life’s too short !
Funny how when the nfl is held there after super bowl no one bats an eyelid , still a sports short no matter how you look at it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 11:53 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
Which United, there are a few?
Must be Dundee United ?
Old 16 Jul 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Once saw a whole family , & by whole I mean there must have been at least 12, all wearing Engerland shirts with things like " "Ave it" written on the name & number patch - classy
You will see loads of "tribes" all displaying their colours
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Well with football shirts now in excess of £50 for adults and around £45 for kids (well that's for the football team I support) - it's an expensive top to wear these days.
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Autumn Daze
Proud to wear my Ears

I often wear t-shirts and caps with the Green Bay Packers on (as they’re my NFL team) and it always sparks conversation in the parks, which I enjoy. You’ll very often find whole families all wearing clothes bearing their local college sports teams also. So I wouldn’t have concern in wearing a football top in the slightest, other than the fact I find them very hot and uncomfortable in heat!
Autumn Daze is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Plenty of folks can be seen in football shirts, but that's a redundant comment from the number of answers.

As to heat, a football shirt (or any similar sport/training top) keeps one a lot cooler than a cotton or polycotton tee would.

Also great in the heat are the UniQlo Airism tees and vests, and they're cheap as chips at UniQlo in Springs ($10 or less a pop, compared to the $100 I spent on my Orlando City top in my 2016 trip).

And for teams? It would be a boring world if we all had the same allegiances, but light hearted and good natured ribbing aside, live and let live
IndianaMac is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread