Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Early wake up at first day because of jetlag?

What is this that i am Reading now for the second time about early wake ups because of jetlag? We are expecting to be in bed around 10pm the night we arrive. So i planned to sleep a bit longer because i suspect we will be very tired of the long journey and start the holiday with a slighty later later start at 1 of Disney’s waterparks. But now i read it might be a better idea to start the first day early? (We are also planning the early morning Rope drop for FOP at AK) Any advice would be more than welcome!
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been around 35 times and can guarantee that I'm awake by 5am on the first morning every time. Most Dibbers report the same.

Walmart is full of Brits at around 6am

Mick
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Honestly the time difference affects everyone differently. First trip we had a very long travel day got to bed about midnight and were all up and ready for our first park day next morning at around 8.30. Last year we were settled in our room by 8.30pm ish and I woke the next morning at about 6.30am. We don’t use alarms on holiday so no pushing for early starts.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I usually wake up about 4am on the first day no matter what time I go to bed!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hirtleburger View Post
I usually wake up about 4am on the first day no matter what time I go to bed!
Same here! And I usually wake up starving!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

First few times visiting the East Coast, would be dog tired by 10pm and be waking up at 6am. Nowadays my brain recognises I'm on holiday, keeps me up til 11pm and let's me sleep until 8am on the first day.

Thanks Brain !
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Same here! And I usually wake up starving!
Our first task is often logging on to the internet to see what time Bob Evan or IHOP open.

Mick
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I tend to wake a lot in the night and be wide awake by 5 or 6am, no matter when I get to bed. My bf however, will sleep straight through and would just keep sleeping if I let him! So we all react differently, but it seems to be pretty common to be awake early on your first morning, especially if you are not used to it!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Our first task is often logging on to the internet to see what time Bob Evan or IHOP open.

Mick
We go to dennys for breakfast because they are open 24 hours (we are usually the only ones in there).

The last couple of trips we woke up at about 5am and it remained that way throughout the holiday, so by 8-9pm we were ready for bed.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We always wake up early on the first day (May be a mixture of excitement and time zones!) so go for rope drop at whatever park we are going to. Well worth doing.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List