Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jul 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

7DMT fastpass help

I’ve been online at 11.59 am everyday since Saturday my first fastpass day and I can’t get a fastpass at any time for 7DMT. I have even spoken to Disney today over the phone to ask if something is wrong but the guy said it’s mainly due to the guests staying onsite and being able to book 60 days in advance and it also being a popular ride. He said I can try modifying and hope a slot becomes available but I don’t feel to hopeful tbh. I wondered if any of you guys have any tips or tricks to secure this ride? It doesn’t even matter what time. As soon as I get on to book I scroll right down to the bottom and it says currently unavailable even at 12.01pm. My husband even watched the date change colour to blue today so he was right on time when it went live too. Obviously if we don’t get a fastpass we will wait in the standby line but does anyone have my advice for us if this is what we have to do? I’ve heard you go for the best rides first thing but then won’t everybody do that and so it’ll be busy anyway?
Mrs Sunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Just keep trying everyday to swap one out. Peoples plans change and you will get one eventually just hang in there!
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

My advice...don't kill yourself trying to get one. If it doesn't work out, you can ropedrop. I might get pummeled here for saying this, but SDMT is a totally overblown experience and I don't get why there is such clamor for FP+s (other than that there is clamor, therefore a lot of FOMO).

The ride itself is under a minute. It is cute, but not really much of a coaster. If you can't snag a FP, run with the herd at ropedrop and enjoy once. After you've been on it once you'll get it. Blink and the ride is over.

While not as new and shiny, so many other rides are much better in terms of return on wait - BTM and Splash come to mind.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

You can keep an eye on this for any availability that becomes available...
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...php?styleid=54

If you click on seven dwarfs it will bring up a calendar showing any availability. You will need to keep checking throughout the day and hopefully someone will cancel as their plans change.
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Sunshine View Post
I’ve been online at 11.59 am everyday since Saturday my first fastpass day and I can’t get a fastpass at any time for 7DMT.
you're booking at 30 days

we're going at the same time, and I booked at 60 days

even then I was unable to get a FP+ for 7DMT before day 5 of the stay at my 60 days mark (60 + 5)

they do run out very fast

but, if there is one thing you must learn from disney planning forums, here it goes :

NEVER GIVE UP !

yes, that sound obvious, but cancellations happen, and the more often you check the more likely you'll get one
even on the day, do not hesitate to visit kiosks or try to modify an existing FP+ on your app.

same goes for restaurants, never give up, keep checking.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I guess you are off site and booking at 30 days? 7DMT is one of a few rides it is hard to get if off site. Check the availability on the dibb (link above in this theme parks thread). If you can't fastpass it, the best time to visit is late in the evening or ripe drop on a non EMH day. You could also book a breakfast at MK (Be Our Guest is near 7DMT) an hour before park opening and then walk over to 7DMT before the queue builds.
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
My advice...don't kill yourself trying to get one. If it doesn't work out, you can ropedrop. I might get pummeled here for saying this, but SDMT is a totally overblown experience and I don't get why there is such clamor for FP+s (other than that there is clamor, therefore a lot of FOMO).

The ride itself is under a minute. It is cute, but not really much of a coaster. If you can't snag a FP, run with the herd at ropedrop and enjoy once. After you've been on it once you'll get it. Blink and the ride is over.

While not as new and shiny, so many other rides are much better in terms of return on wait - BTM and Splash come to mind.
You hit the nail on the head with the FOMO comment. There’s a general air on here and other forums I go on that if you can't get a fast pass for the most popular rides or can't get a booking for the most popular restaurants then you’ll miss out and have an awful holiday. That’s simply not true. WDW is an amazing place and not being able to get a fast pass for a ride because loads of people say you should doesn’t make it any less amazing. I went on SDMT last year and thought it was cute but not mind blowing. Same with Slinky – cute but not mind blowing. I enjoyed FOP but didn’t understand all the hype – great ride but again not mind blowing. My fast pass day is next week and as long as I can get them for my favourites - Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan – I’ll be happy.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Keep looking, you might get lucky but I definitely wouldn’t let it ruin your holiday. It’s a fun ride but like others have said it’s not going to make or break your holiday if you don’t get a fast pass for SDMT. We set a limit on our length of wait for any ride, if it’s above that time I don’t wait. Fingers crossed for you.
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Even if you don't get one before you go (we didn't) keep checking on the day in the park - that's how we got one. Every time you get in the queue for your next fastpass get straight onto the site and look for another. Think we got lucky as there was a thunder storm and rides closed so people cancelled their passes!
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Sunshine View Post
I’ve been online at 11.59 am everyday since Saturday my first fastpass day and I can’t get a fastpass at any time for 7DMT. I have even spoken to Disney today over the phone to ask if something is wrong but the guy said it’s mainly due to the guests staying onsite and being able to book 60 days in advance and it also being a popular ride. He said I can try modifying and hope a slot becomes available but I don’t feel to hopeful tbh. I wondered if any of you guys have any tips or tricks to secure this ride? It doesn’t even matter what time. As soon as I get on to book I scroll right down to the bottom and it says currently unavailable even at 12.01pm. My husband even watched the date change colour to blue today so he was right on time when it went live too. Obviously if we don’t get a fastpass we will wait in the standby line but does anyone have my advice for us if this is what we have to do? I’ve heard you go for the best rides first thing but then won’t everybody do that and so it’ll be busy anyway?
There is very little availability for 7DMT even in the next sixty days never mind thirty. Yes everyone does head to Fantasyland and 7DMT at opening, but it is probably your best shot. The other option would be to book a pre park opening breakfast at BOG, although it is a pricey breakfast for OOP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List