Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
leahjoelle
I want to go now!

Mobile Top tips for toddlers

I’m taking a 22 month old to DisneyWorld in September. Any tips, things I wouldn’t think about bringing that is essential, anything you found useful that I should bring. Tips and ideas for the plane ride and how you planned your days/relaxing times etc so that toddler is happy. Any suggestions would be amazing

Thank you
leahjoelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Make use of the baby centres in Disney...they are nice and cool, relaxing and peaceful...even if you just go and change a nappy. 🙂

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
leahjoelle
I want to go now!

Mobile

I’ve done nothing but watch YouTube videos of these baby changings rooms! They look awesome! Thank you x
leahjoelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

We found character meals where good for out DD who was 18 months when we went last. Means you can relax a bit more and let the characters come to you rather than waiting in the ques.

The baby care centers are really really good for chill down times. Be sure to have lots of water with you and refillable bottles, you can ask for them to be refilled at quick service restaurants.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

A buggy with a large hood helps with the sun. Our best buy for the trip was a pair of reins (the ones that go around the chest). Our little one had a chance to walk around without having to hold our hand all the time (something he tries very hard to get out of). An American lady asked us where we got them as she'd not seen them before.
Be prepared for MANY rides on It's a small world.
Our 2 went off a lot of food due to the heat but liked snacking on little crackers. We stocked up on these in Wal-Mart, Publix and dollar Tree
We made up lots of little surprise presents for him to unwrap on the plane... mainly stuff from the pound shop that I didnt mind leaving behind... but it passed the time. He loves undoing clips so we got a blue whale from Amazon that has about 7 or so clips to do/undo and that kept him amused for ages.
Take enough nappies if you still use them cos they are expensive out there... and wipes are also a godsend in the heat.
We bought a him puddlejumpers for swimming. We found them here in Costco but they also have them over there in Walmart
pix70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

If you use baby wipes, put a pack in the freezer overnight (assuming you will have a freezer) they stay lovely and cold all day, perfect for cooling and refreshing of faces and pulse points babies and adults alike)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

I found reading other people's trip reports on here useful in terms of what they will like to do etc.
Ours enjoyed climbing the stairs on the flight (although he wasn't alone) but ignored the presents to unwrap and wasn't too keen on the film or headphones (lesson learnt - do not leave your husband in charge of downloading Peppa Pig onto a device that will work on the aeroplane, do it yourself!).
We got the backpack with reins attached which worked for a while until he cottoned onto the reins. The pushchair was normally ignored and he wanted to be carried instead.
Character meals were good and gave us a few mins to eat whilst he was talking to them.
Antibacterial wipes to clean little hands before eating were also good.
He really enjoyed riding the bus, train and boat so we did a lot of that (especially around the MK area) plus the drivers had little cards to collect about the trams/bus/train etc. We did a lot of spotting the train (monorail)!
I ended up rearranging days and cancelling ADRs based on how he interacted with everything on the first few days. He didn't eat very much while we were there and seemed to keep going on a bowl of cereal, yogurt and fruit.
Someone on here suggested putting an outfit of clothes in a ziplock bag. This worked extremely well for us as I didn't have to search for anything, it was all there (and I don't do coordinated outfits). It also meant that it was easy to restock his change bag as dirty clothes went into the zipbag and I just needed to grab another on the way out.
Be careful with the phones over there - the phone in SSR was at toddler height and he did manage to call 911 (not on my watch). He had a lovely conversation with someone asking for his mummy apparently!
If you do hire a car and take a car seat over then it doesn't count towards your luggage allowance and it gives you another bag on the way back.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Also take a couple of cups/bottles that you know they will drink out of - it is hot and keeping water with them in easy reach is a good idea.

Wish I had thought of Ziggyzag's tip when we were there, it was very hot!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Be prepared for lots of traipsing around the flight on the way there. My daughter was so entertained by the in flight entertainment and loved chatting to the staff as well. Get those stickers that are vinyl so you can stick them and peel them.

Take your time in the park. My daughter’s absolute favourite was the carousel in MK. She rode it a million times.

Trippie is in my sig. she was 23 months when we went and turned two while we were in Orlando
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Someone mentioned a car seat. All being well, we'll be travelling next Sept with our daughter and their 9/10 month old baby. Can you hire a seat with the car, plus any tips specific for one so young?
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List