Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 08, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
russrattan
Very Serious Dibber

Dlp

Hi thinking of going for a few days Feb half term has anyone been this time of year ? busy or not? I've heard such mixed opinions about this place not sure weather to give it a try or go to London for a few days instead ,anyone thats been to DLP would you recommend it or not?
russrattan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 08, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went last February Half Term for 3 nights and the weather was fantastic, perfect blue skies until the morning we left then it started raining.

As for the crowds and queues, no different to any other time in DLP. I have been at various times of the year and I couldn't say any particular time was that busy.

I have been to DLP when the weather was terrible, force gales and v heavy rain. As long as your children aren't too young, just don your plastic macs and enjoy the park.

It can rain in London too lol.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 08, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
You will get a huge amount of people who will say not to go because its not worth it. But we love it there and it is a great in between WDW trip fix. We have never paid more than £500 for the 4 of us for 5 days including our park tickets and have been twice at Feb half term. We usually get the Eurotunnel and pay for this with our Tesco vouchers.

If you can go from Monday-Friday then you will avoid the largest crowds. Weekends at DLRP are busy all year round, very busy infact.
We have always found the crowds very manageable at this time of year. The weather can be hit and miss. We have been there in late Jan when it was absolutely freezing. But in Feb half term both times we have had some cold days and other days where we haven't even needed our coats.

Its really going to depend on yourself as to how much you will enjoy it. I don't look for the negatives in everything and I go and have fun. We have always found the staff to be fine and particularly good with the children. It certainly isn't "have a nice day", but it does beat listening to 17 year old workers at Chessington talking to co-workers about what they got up to at the weekend!
The Disneyland Park is wonderful, very pretty and some of the rides are better than their WDW counterparts. The studios is better since they introduced TOT and Crush's Coaster.

The character meets are the worst part for us. They aren't organised at all and it is a free for all. We only do it if there is a character that my boys particularly want to see. Otherwise we will book a couple of character meals.

Its a great Disney fix for us.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 08, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post

We went last Feb 1/2 term (trip report below) and also last October. Feb was much quiter and we had a great time. If you can, avoid the weekends as it is much busier with locals.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 08, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
russrattan
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies, glad we are still friends Leanne, would you recommend staying on site or would you be no worse off at one of the nearby hotels? I've noticed if you book direct on the disney website they offer a half board option with vouchers for meals have you ever used these ,also do you book a package or book transport seperate we're not sure weather we would fly or do the Eurostar we can get a train from Nottingham down to London then onto the Eurostar if that works out alot cheaper than flying, also do they have a fastpass system because some say the queues are horrendous, not too bothered about the character meets as my boys are older, is it very overpriced to eat and drink? I know it won't be Florida prices but is it much more expensive than the UK thanks.
russrattan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 08, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by russrattan View Post
Thanks for the replies, glad we are still friends Leanne, would you recommend staying on site or would you be no worse off at one of the nearby hotels? I've noticed if you book direct on the disney website they offer a half board option with vouchers for meals have you ever used these ,also do you book a package or book transport seperate we're not sure weather we would fly or do the Eurostar we can get a train from Nottingham down to London then onto the Eurostar if that works out alot cheaper than flying, also do they have a fastpass system because some say the queues are horrendous, not too bothered about the character meets as my boys are older, is it very overpriced to eat and drink? I know it won't be Florida prices but is it much more expensive than the UK thanks.
We all have different opinions, thats what makes this site interesting, so no problem at all!

We have only even stayed onsite as we like to be able to walk back to our hotel. We have stayed at the Sequoia Lodge and the Cheyenne and enjoyed them both. Cheyenne probably edged it with the theming for the kids but this may not be as important to you if your kids are older. The Sequoia also has a pool but the Cheyenne doesn't.
I don't have any experience of staying off site so I can't really advise on that.
We usually book direct with DLRP on the website. Its all very straightforward. Then I book direct with Eurotunnel.
We did go via the Eurostar once and that was definately the most convenient way. How we managed to get 4 nights at the Sequoia for the 4 of us with park tickets and Eurostar for £580 I will never know as ever since it has been a lot more.
If your budget allows then the Eurostar is a good option. Lots of people on here have flown so they may be able to help with that.

The fastpass system used to allow you to hold more than one fastpass at a time which was great. But it is now the same as WDW, one fastpass and then another when your time comes around. It works in the same way. Crush's coaster had huge queues but we did go a short while after it opened and we queued for an hour at park opening. This may have calmed down a bit now, hopefully!

In terms of cost of food and drink, yes it is fairly expensive. Its certainly not cheap like Florida but I would say its on par with our theme park prices. Annettes Diner at Disney Village is good for a budget evening meal, especially if you get take out, it works out cheaper that way.
I would advise you to avoid Planet Hollywood, our experience was very poor and we would never go back.
We haven't used the half board vouchers but I would say to work out roughly what you would expect to spend on food and then see if its good value.

This site is great for food options at DLRP,
dlpfoodguide/index.php

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 08, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
russrattan
Very Serious Dibber

Cheers for that Leanne
Old 16 Sep 08, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Half board vouchers are worth it. You can book the premium ones even if you're in the cheaper hotels - just phone Disney.

The premium one covers Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, which is an absolute must.

Check out my trip report - there's a link in my sig.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been a couple of times in February half terms and loved it. Yes it can be cold and yes it can be wet but hey - that's February! so if you expect it and dress accordingly anything else is a bonus (it was lovely ans sunny last Feb). Good time of year as it tends to be the kids go free offer and I would agree, avoid arriving on a Friday or Saturday as it's more crowded and also more expensive (the cost of the stay is based on your arrival date). DLP is always fairly busy during school hols but if you plan your day and make good use of the fastpasses and early hours you don't have to spend too long queueing. We have always driven and both times in Feb stayed at the Davy Crocket Ranch which does mean a 10min drive to the parks but on the flip side you have a nice cosy lodge to return to with more space and facilities than a hotel room and for a similar cost to the mid price hotels.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alanda
Very Serious Dibber

We have flown each time we've been here - to CDG then picked up the shuttle from the airport to DLP. Easy peasy - same going back too - the shuttles pick up from all DLP hotels.

Never stayed off-site - like the fact you can walk to the parks.
Cypress Pointe Resort 2011
Southern Dunes 2019
alanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread