Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 08, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

How expensive for a family of 5!

Hi everyone

Looking at going to DLP in Feb for half term as not doing WDW next year and thought it would be nice to go for my bday. The problem is I really wanted to stay at the DL hotel as it's my 40th but because there are 5 of us we could only have a fam room at £1300 for 2 nights which is crazy. Especially as my 3 kids are under 12 so have free accomm and park tickets! For a family of 4 the prices was only £800ish so it seems really excessive to have to pay an extra £500 for what I would guess is basically an extra bed in the room.

I have provisionally ended up booking a family room at Newport Bay instead for £800 because apparently that was the last one avail that week so the lady I booked with told me best to book it or I might end up with nothing.

So my question is, what are the family rooms actually like, are they worth the huge amounts of money you have to pay for them?

There is so much info avail about WDW but I am having real probs getting lots of info about DLP!

Thanks in advance

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge

Edited at 06:48 AM.
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 08, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hi! I am trying to find you some pics of the family rooms and will post them if I do! The other alternative would be to book rooms with interconnecting doors which I know is possible but I doubt this would be cheaper: could be worth a try though?
We stayed at Newport Bay and liked it there. It is a huge hotel though so breakfast can be a bunfight if you don't get there early ie before 8am! We always had 7.30 time slots which were fine.
If you want more info you could also look at the following:
dlrpmagic
dlpfoodguide

Will try and post pics later!
Old 24 Sep 08, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Not stayed in a family room but agree that the Newport Bay is a nice hotel, but it is HUGE and can involve long walks to your room and busy breakfasts. Probably too late now and may not be your thing anyway but if you are driving, the Davy Crockett Ranch has 2 bedroom lodges that accomodate up to 6 people and I'm sure would be cheaper. We've stayed there also and loved it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 08, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am feeling your pain, it drives me nuts how a family of 5 is just not catered for when it comes to hotel accommodation (not just Disney but everywhere). Inter-connecting rooms mean that you need to pay double:angry:

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 08, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We're a family of 5, (2 Adults, 13yo, 3yo and 18months) and will be staying at the Explorers Hotel, in one of the Captains Suites.
Plenty of room and not too expensive either.
I realise it's not a Disney Hotel, but it is wonderfully themed.
And it has a several restaurants, a pool, and big playarea for the kids.
Old 24 Sep 08, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by HeidiB View Post
We're a family of 5, (2 Adults, 13yo, 3yo and 18months) and will be staying at the Explorers Hotel, in one of the Captains Suites.
Plenty of room and not too expensive either.
I realise it's not a Disney Hotel, but it is wonderfully themed.
And it has a several restaurants, a pool, and big playarea for the kids.

Just had a look - this looks great with a good discount if you arrive on a Sunday

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 08, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

we are!
Old 25 Sep 08, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for the advice, might check out the Explorers Hotel but we wanted to travel by Eurostar so wouldn't have a car, how far away is it from the parks. We are only going for 2 nights so don't really want to spend ages travelling.

Thanks

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 08, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post

not allowed to post links on here, so I'll pm you
Old 25 Sep 08, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in family room at newport bay ,we did have one at the DLH but due to the eurostar being cancelled ( fire at waterloo) disney put us up for 1 night in the NPB,in my opinion the DLH was a rip off as we had 2 connecting rooms with enough room for 8 really -double and single sofa bed in one and 2 doubles and single sofa bed in the other .The npb was lovely -2 doubles and a double sofa bed ,lovely big room and for a fraction of the DLH price .If we went back again then we would go to the NPB but as we drive we normally go to Davy Crockett ranch .Will try and find the NPB pics
LIz
Closed Thread