Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 05, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
DLP Info: Restaurants

Where did you eat? What did you think?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Blue Lagoon
We had dinner at the Blue Lagoon on Tuesday evening (which happened to be my birthday). We had a reservation for 8pm which was probably a little late to be honest. The food and atmosphere in this restaurant is wonderful, but the service is rather slow. It would have been ok for an adult party, but the kids were starting to get a little ratty by the end. Saying that, I would certainly eat here again, but I would choose an earlier time.
We all chose to eat of the set price menu which was around 28 Euros for a 3 course meal. I had a prawn cocktail to start, followed by chicken curry, and creme brulee to finish. It was all lovely, fairly familiar dishes but with an unusual twist, nothing was so unusual that I wouldn't eat it (and I am pretty fussy) but it was all slightly different from the norm.
My only critisicm was that the kids menu was a little adventurous, so the kids all ended up ordered burgers off the teenager menu (which were fine).
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Plaza Gardens Tea Party
We were a litte confused about this to be honest, and thought we were going for an early dinner, as I tried to book a character lunch, but was told the characters were only there for tea (whcih I took to mean dinner, but it didn't), anyway, we turned up at 3pm and found out we were having a dessert buffet.
Once we realised that, we decided that puddings for lunch was a great idea, and we could have a proper meal later in the evening.

The character tea is I think 13 Euros, and for that you get lots of desserts and drinks (all you can eat and drink) and about 6 characters. The character interaction was fairly well organised with people staying at their tables wihle the characters came round, which was a distinct improvement over our last character meal in 2001. We saw Minnie, Robin Hood, King John, a fox (maybe Brer Fox?), Tigger and I think a couple of others. To eat we had more cake, cookies, brownies, chocolate pudding etc then we could possibly eat, and we all left absolutely stuffed!

They also offer a birthday version of this tea which appeared to be the same with the addition of a birthday cake with candles and a birthday song sung by the characters.
Old 20 Aug 05, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Pizza Planet.

The Pizza Planet at DLP is miles better than the Florida one, it is a lot bigger and has a big childrens play area, with rex as the slide and slinker to crawl through. It also has video games for the older kids.

Food Choice, pizza, garlic bread, burgers, fries.

The best time to go is later in the day as all the rush has gone.

Cafe Mickey

This is the best restaurant I have ever been to I don't know why they have not got one at DTD.

You have to make reservations though (should be able to do this through your hotel) as it gets very busy. We have been 3 times and love it the characters are there and go round to each table. If you go try to be seated on the ground floor as when we have been all the waiters and characters start dancing on the tables and singing and doing the cha cha, its ace!

We sat upstairs when we went last time and they didn't do this and there are more seats upstairs so is a lot busier.

The food is great a little on the dear side but not too over extaushanant for Paris and Disney anyway.
Your food comes out sizzling and with the kids meal they get drink and free cup to take home and ice cream. Kids also get crayons and quiz and colouring sheets. (If you get the kids pasta its disney pasta with pasta shaped castle)

If you dont want to pay the dearer prices get a kids meal like me cause I'm a fussy eater!

I would give Cafe Mickey 10 out of 10.
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello

We were at DLP 2 weeks ago and this is where we ate:

Cowboy Cookout Barbeque in Frontierland - large barn self-serve restaurant which had plenty of tables at 3pm when we ate there. Standard chicken, ribs, burger and fries fare. We were starving and so would have eaten anything at that time! Not bad food - served beer also, nice theming.

Victoria's Home Style Restaurant - at the end of Main Street
Baguettes, sarnies, cakes, cookies crisps etc. Nice fresh Baguettes - lovely cakes. I had the giant cream filled profiterole! Hubbie had a cream-slice and DS went off to Casey's Corner to get himself some fries (which they didn't serve at Victorias). Typical 10 yr old boy - if they don't serve fries - he ain't eating!

Various in the Discovery Arcade - coffees and pastries etc. Tip: if you go into the Discovery Arcade, you will find plenty of tables and chairs and there are windows where you can order your food - windows in the Arcade are much quieter than window-service from Main Street side.

The Old Mill, Fantasyland - pizza slices, baguettes and sandwiches are offered along with cakes and ice-creams. Nice outside area to sit and people-watch.

The Blue Lagoon - this restaurant is nicely themed like a tropical cabana which is situated on the small sandy shore of the beach which makes up part of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Great fun to wave at the boats of people on the ride! I had exactly the same meal as BevS97 DH had Tuna and Swordfish fricasee and a delicious ice-cream and pineapple pud. An interesting menu is offered which starts at E22 - which is mainly salad choices. There is a E28 set menu, which we had and was3 courses. There is another more expensive seafood choice menu at E39. Kids menus are E10 and as Bev says, the choice was a bit ambitious for some kids. Our DS had the burger from the Teens menu at E15. He also had the 'Chefs Surprise' for dessert - I won't spoil if for you, but it is fun and sickly! I highly recommend this restaurant for the atmosphere. Could be very romantic (if you left the kids at home!)

We made a PS for 7:00pm and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant - we got a table right by the beach front and had a real good time. Service was good and the meal unhurried. By the time we left at around 8:30pm all of the tables were filled and there was a long line of diners waiting to get in.

McDonalds, Disney Village - Well, McDonalds is pretty much the same all over the world. This Maccy D's is very large and has a circus theme. There are tables outside - with high glass panels around, for shelter and inside it is set on 2 levels. We went upstairs and the seating area was very nice. There were quiet booths or you could sit by the large window looking at the rest of the Village. Standard McD's fare - but there was a selection of cakes and the kids meal came with a puree'd apple fruit drink kind of thing - YUK

Plaza Gardens Tea Party - here is a chance to meet the characters and make yourself sick on cakes and sweets! You will need a PS. There is a self-serve buffet style choice of sweets, cakes, pastries, puds, brownies, cookies and they do put out some croissants and bread rolls. After paying E13 each - adult/child same price, you help yourself to the all you can eat cake-fest! Characters will then mingle for photos - they stop by your table and there is plenty of chance for photos. We saw ChipNDale, a pirate villain, Daisy and Donald Duck, the nasty king from Jungle Book (I think) and a few others - their names I forget. Good chance to meet some characters whilst filling up on junk at a very good price. Highly recommended.

LOU X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Lou, my DH also had the Tuna and Swordfish Fricasse, I couldn't remember until I read that, but yup, same thing!

We didn't get the chef's surprise dessert, now I'm wishing we had!
Old 20 Aug 05, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Yummy wasn't it! I couldn't finish the Creme Brulee though - it was huge...
Old 20 Aug 05, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We always aim to have at least one dinner at Annette's Diner in the Disney Village. Always good food and appears good value. The wait for a table can be long at times. DD especially loves it when the waiting guys and gals (well those not on skates) get up on platforms and perform to some of the songs from Grease. Makes the visit a bit more special. Do they still do that ?
Old 20 Aug 05, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
They didn't do it yesterday, but we were there about 2pm so after the proper lunch rush. (was it really only yesterday )

I didn't see anyone on skates either, cause i commented to DaveFM that it would be more fun with skating waitresses. I feel like I've only had half the experience now, so I definitely need to go back and demand the singing and skating waitresses!

have to say we didn't have to wait though, so that was a bonus, and the food was good.
Old 21 Aug 05, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

OOooh this thread is getting me very excited abut my forthcoming halloween trip! Everything sounds divine!
Closed Thread