Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 05, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rogers_Family
Trying for More Ears

Virgin Flight VS015

We are travelling on Virgin flight VS015 in October, can anyone tell what we can expect from the Entertainment system. ie is it the super system that you can start yourself, or just the standard tv and game system. Thanks
Rogers_Family is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 05, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

It'll be films and TV unfortunately non onf the LGW planes have the games on them! The films are usually show about 3 or maybe 4 times throughout the flight.
Claire
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 05, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Sample of next months movies.
Claire
Old 1 Sep 05, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I haven't taken a Virgin flight for awhile, but i don't think they've rolled out the 'on demand' system yet. US Airways currently have it, it's great to be able to pause, rewind, fast forward any of the movies, tv shows that you want!
Old 1 Sep 05, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sarah82
Very Serious Dibber

We didnt have it on that flight last year. But as said the films are on about 3/4 times. only problem is that they have to restart all the films together so you have to wait till the last one finishes.
sarah82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 05, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loopydiamond
Imagineer

Originally posted by ukdiva
I haven't taken a Virgin flight for awhile, but i don't think they've rolled out the 'on demand' system yet. US Airways currently have it, it's great to be able to pause, rewind, fast forward any of the movies, tv shows that you want!
Virgin do have the 'on demand' system... we had this system when we flew Heathrow to Los Angeles and back in 2003... as you said ukdiva, being able to start watching when you want, pause if you need the loo, rewind if you miss a bit... is excellent, also the games console was good too... its the only overnight return flight that I havent wanted to sleep... watched movies all the way home...
Old 1 Sep 05, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Standard seatback Tv and no games on our Virgin flight March 04

v-flyer know the most up to date situation (Although it seems a bit slow in loading at the mo)

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Old 1 Sep 05, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheshirecat
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheshirecat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some aircraft have AVOD, but not all. Those that do are based out of LHR and will only go to LGW when a regular LGW aircraft is in maintenance (from what I understand). So it is unlikely you will get an aircraft with V:Port (the fancy system), though not entirely impossible.

"The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Avios/British Airways’ positions, strategies or opinions"
Cheshirecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread