Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Apr 12, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chelseyleigh View Post
Oh yeah we do! glad you enjoyed it! What was the weather like?

yeah we have booked car hire through virgin

thanks for reading!
It was hot, lovely weather i thought it was much hotter in San Diego Zoo and universal though! Seriously very hot, but just kept going into the shops! x
Old 6 Apr 12, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by merkat View Post
It was hot, lovely weather i thought it was much hotter in San Diego Zoo and universal though! Seriously very hot, but just kept going into the shops! x
thats what i like to hear!
Old 6 Apr 12, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Update 7 - San Diego

On the evening of the 26th, after our last lovely meal in Disney we will be moving down to our destination for the next 3 nights - San Diego.

Now this is the first of 3 locations that we arn't planning on pre-booking accomodation for, I no some people might find this a little risky but we feel it is all part of the excitement of a Fly Drive (Well its how my mum always remembers doing hers anyway!) Saying that I would love if you guys could advise me on some areas within San Diego to head towards for a nice but cheap hotel that is a good base for Seaworld and the Zoo.

So we are hoping to arrive at our hotel by 8pm, hopefully after not too many arguments over where to stay! So after checking in and getting settled in, depending how tired we are feeling we might have a little explore around the area and then head to bed!

Like I have said previously we are not making any plans set in stone but during out stay at San Diego we would like to spend one day visiting

Seaworld

I no a lot of people have commented on SeaWorld San Diego mentioning that its exactly the same as the park in Florida but tbh I love it in Florida so I haven't got a problem with that! Plus my parents haven't been to Orlando since I was about 7 so over 10 years ago! So im sure they will love to visit/re-visit this park

After a lovely chilled day in this park we will spend the evening exploring San Diego, perhaps hitting La Jolla beach...

and hopefully find a lovely seafood restaurant for dinner - Again reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!

God - I am looking forward to this stuff, you just cant get good seafood in London!

On the other day we will be exploring the world famous zoo ...

San Diego Zoo

Just realised how Animal based our stay at San Diego is looking! Haha! its ok i promise no more animal visits...

So I do love a good zoo in the sunshine and hopefully this one won't dissapoint!

The evening will again be followed by yummy seafood!

For our last day we will be splitting up, my dad is very fond of visiting the millitary bases and museums San Diego has to offer, and as you can guess me and my mum arn't too fond on that side of San Diego, so whilst we leave the men to there manly military activities me and my mum will hop on a boat over to Coronado and spend the morning exploring this beautiful island.

The only thing I am worried about is having enough time, on this day our last day we need to be on our way to Las Vegas by 2pm to make it there for evening. Do you guys think we will have enough time to visit coronado/the military bases in this time, obviously we will be willing to have an early start.

So that concludes our stay in San Diego, Next up (after a long journey) Las Vegas...
Old 7 Apr 12, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Update 8 - Las Vegas

Hopefully by 2pm we will be continuing our journey down the famous route 66!

I am fully aware that this is gonna be a long and tiresome journey but Im actually surprisingly looking forward to driving down that open road with my family with music blasting out our car!

Ofcours we will need to make 1 or 2 stops so if anyone can suggest a good place to stop along the way for a bite or eat or to stretch our legs that would be great, obviously we dont wanna go too off track!

We hope to make it to Vegas no later than 8pm, check into our beautiful home for the next 3 nights, I think we are all really excited to check out this fabulous resort...

And hopefully we will still have time to grab a bite to eat from somewhere nearby or perhaps from one of the many restaurants within the MGM. Perhaps Wolfgang puck?

Im hoping we will be awake enough to maybe explore our hotel a little and say hello to the lions before hitting the sack!

So for one day during our stay in Vegas we will be visiting the famous Grand Canyon.

We haven't booked anything yet but the tour we are looking at will pick us up from LV airport at 5am! and then its straight to the canyon via helicopter where we will stop off for a little walk around inside the canyon, im not sure on the exact details as to what area of the canyon we will be stopping in. I think this is the area that includes a champagne picnic as well but ive heard you dont get much other than a plastic cup of champagne so wont be expecting too much! Its then on to an old indian ranch with a horse and carriage ride included!

Pretty excited! Although my mum does no feel the same! She has done the helicopter trip as a child and hated it but we are trying to convince her that things will have changed with time and tha she will get a much smoother ride, I HOPE!

We finish off with a flight over the strip and should hopefully be back on land by midday!

By now, with no breakfast I would imagine we will be feeling a little peckish so my plan is to head over to the forum at Ceasers palace and pay a visit to one of Americas most popular restaurants, The cheesecake factory!

Now after 6 trips to Florida would you beleive I have never visited a cheesecake factory! ? I think my brother will be very pleased with our plans to visit the cheesecake factory as he is a huge Big Bang Theory fan (Anyone who watches it should no what im talking about!).

I don't plan on filling up too much here as we will be visiting one of Vegas's famous buffets for dinner! So after a light filling, we will walk it off by exploring the shopping center, Im not sure if all the men will wanna stay here so at this point they might choose to explore the strip a little!

At around 6.30pm we will head back to the resort to freshen up for dinner in the evening. Our restaurant of choice tonight will be The Bellagio buffet, I am very excited about trying this buffet as ive heard such good things about it!

After Im sure eating way too much we will walk it off having an explore around the strip at night time and hopefully catching the Bellagio fountain show.

Our next day will be spent generally Exploring the strip and the resorts

I think we will start this day with breakfast at Le Village in Paris.

I am super excited about eating here, i love the idea of all the different buffets being set out in the shops! So cute!

There are several points of the strip we all wanna pay a visit to, the first being the rollercoaster at New York New York ...

The little wedding chapel...

The beautiful interior of the venetian...

among other amazing resorts such as treasure island and the mirage.

Dinner tonight will be at the Carnival Buffet situated in Rio. We will try to eat quite early tonight as we would like to spend the evening watching a show, We have looked into Cirque Du Soleil but its working out far too expencive for all of us so if anyone could reccomend any other shows that would be great!

One last evening spent exploring the strip and then off to bed!

On the morning of the 1st we will be rising particularly early as we want to get in breakfast before heading off on the long trip to Yosemite. Im thinking Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopoliton for breakfast, heard some great things about it!

So after filling ourselves on one last vegas buffet we will head off for Yosemite!
Old 7 Apr 12, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Your plans so far sound amazing Chelsey Can't wait to hear of your Yosemite plans, the place looks absolutely gorgeous
Old 8 Apr 12, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Update 9 - Yosemite

Continuing our journey northern, we are now heading to Yosemite, this journey will take place on the 1st Sept, the start of labour day weekend! Thank god we are leaving Vegas!

We are planning on getting up early on this day and catching our last vegas buffet at the wicked spoon and heading off for yosemite by 9.30pm at the very latest! might be a little tricky as the wicked spoon buffet don't open till 8am! but we will try! The drive to yosemite should take about 8hours so taking in a couple of breaks we should make it there by 6.30pm if all goes to plan!

This is another destination we are not pre-booking booking, My wishful thinking is hoping we find somewhere like this ...within budget...

Knowing our luck we will end up somewhere more like this...

Settled in, weather its under a tent or a beautiful cabin we will head of for a bite to eat and then hit the sack!

Up early on the 2nd as this is our only day at Yosemite and we want to try and leave by 3pm for San Francisco.

So after a hearty breakfast to set us up we will hopefully start the day with a treck off the national park and hopefully be able to experience one of these beauties...

We are not 100% sure yet but me and my mum are thinking about doing a horse riding treck round yosemite if that is possible, if anyone has any info on this that would be great!

One reason I want to do this is to avoid ending up with one of these tangled round my foot!

argh even that picture creeps me out! Please tell me I'm not gonna see TOO many during my West Coast trip!?

So like I said we want to finish up today by 3pm to travel down to San Francisco by 7pm!

Well thats all for Yosemite really! Sorry about the lack of excitement here!
Old 8 Apr 12, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Update 10

In an attempt to get everyone prepared for American Food I have decided to cook a few disney favourites! First up was Cornbread - Whispering Canyon Cafe style!

Looks a little burnt in the photo but it was actually very yummy!

Heres the recipe I used ( I hope its ok to post this here!)

allears/din/recipes/rec_crbrdwc.htm

I used cornflour instead of cornmeal and it worked fine!

I let you no the comments once my family get home!

Later in the week I plan on making BBQ pulled pork sandwhiches!
Old 11 Apr 12, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Can anyone see my photos? It says there unable to load due to too many veiws or some rubbish, tryna get me to upgrade my photobucket... grrrr
Old 11 Apr 12, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Nope cant see them :-(
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 12, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Re show tickets.. have you thought about getting them when your there from the tix4tonite booths on the strip? you can make quite a saving by doing it this way.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List