Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Apr 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Bayous to Beaches. Oct 19. Day 20. Clear sky, cocktails and Crabby Bills. Clearwater beach

Sunday 20 October

Yesterday is HERE

It was so nice to wake up in this room

I was already quite warm as I sat out on the balcony to watch the sunrise.

We lazed around for a bit - I had another message from Airbnb who had given us a further part of our refund and were now insisting it was a final offer. I remained unconvinced they had reviewed the video but our hotel costs were fully covered so that was ok.

Forgetting that it was the weekend and of course the cafes would be busy with brunch we were a bit surprised by how busy the Clear Sky cafe was after our stroll along the beachfront.

Big shout out to the Dibbers who recommended this when I made my emergency plea for help Thank you. Excellent advice

It also had the added benefit of being opposite the Brown Boxer where we would later decamp to watch the Sunday premier league match

I continue to persist with the menu pics. Is this even still a thing now for food reports ?

We both chose the Square Deal and shared the pancakes and French Toast. The little pot of chocolate whipped cinnamon flavour butter was lush

As it was Sunday lots of people were quaffing bloody Mary’s and mimosas but I had to concede it was a bit too early for me.

Lightweight

It was packed so I didn’t feel I could take interior pics. This is one empty table 😂

Oh and they have mermaid style tiles in the ladies loos. Loved these !

We made the ever so long walk across the road to the Brown boxer where the barman kindly put on the Liverpool Man U game - he said he could keep it on until the NFL matches started . By which time the bar was rammed

After the miserable mimosa fail at breakfast , I did up my game with a Cosmo.

I headed back for some pool time and left Andy to it.
Libations were consumed
Possibly in excess

After several hours , the owner of the hat had not returned

but all was fine with my book and mango mules

The drink obvs, not fruity footwear

And some over priced coconut shrimp. They were good but $20

Right about the point I considered a dip in the pool

it was suddenly closed and they were fishing something out with a net.

And then it was closed for ages for cleaning so one can only assume that it was a poop scoop operation

Another couple of hours later and i messaged Andy so we could go out for dinner. He was very jolly.
Wives everywhere will understand what that’s code for

We had a wander on the beach and looked at the chalk paintings until we got the Crabby Bills

Andy was going all Hoff

I had a Titos black raspberry lemonade

Andy went for battered cod and shrimp

I had the Cajun pasta

Very nice !

We had a stroll back to watch the sunset

Sunset was really nice

We had a nightcap at the hotel. It wasn’t amazing though ...

It had been a lovely sunny Sunday but tomorrow marks the start of our last week

Today’s cocktail tally : 3
Holiday total : 33

The next day is HERE

Edited at 03:04 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up!

Glad you escaped the horrors of the airbnb!
The sunrise and sunset pictures are fab!
And what a lovely relaxing day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice relaxing day and great photos

Joan
Old 27 Apr 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

What a lovely day! I think photos of menus are great as love looking at the food on offer and prices...
We arrived in Treasure Island on the 20th October and it was a glorious day... oh to be back there!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I think it's only right that I'm sipping my own cocktail, an espresso martini in case you are interested, while reading today's instalment. What a fab day. Waking up to that sunrise from your balcony. The Dibb community coming together with a great recommendation and enjoying your book by the pool with a drink and without any interruptions. I'd happily take that even with the jolly-ness when he returned. Sounds like a lucky escape with the pool too, thank goodness you hadn't decided 5 minutes earlier to dive in. The photos on the beach in the evening look lovely too. But if A is Hoff, does that make you Pamela Anderson? I'm sure you'd look fab in a red swimsuit a la Pam.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh wonderful day Amanda!
We went for lunch at the Clear Sky Cafe and it was delish, I would always head there for food if we ever return to Clearwater, your dinner at Crabby Bill’s looks good too.
Many cocktails consumed as well which is a sign of a good day!
The sunset photos are beautiful

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

This is much more like it! A lovely, relaxing holiday day with good food, drinks, strolls along the beach and a beautiful sunset. Could it get much better? Well, maybe if you discount the pool incident

We like Clearwater a lot. Somehow, we've never managed an overnight stay although it gets discussed for every Florida holiday. We always end up just travelling to the beach for a few hours and back again on the same day. We really must rectify that next time. We have eaten at Clear Sky though. All of your food looks lovely today, and good value too, especially dinner. Beautiful sunset pics.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
All caught up!

Glad you escaped the horrors of the airbnb!
The sunrise and sunset pictures are fab!
And what a lovely relaxing day!
Hello Hope all is good with you?
It was a perfect sunrise and sunset day. I can see why so many people gather in the evenings. It was lovely.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nice relaxing day and great photos

Joan
Thank you .. it surely was. Hope you are keeping well x

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
What a lovely day! I think photos of menus are great as love looking at the food on offer and prices...
We arrived in Treasure Island on the 20th October and it was a glorious day... oh to be back there!
Ha ha, these menus are so huge aren’t they
The weather was so mixed with the storm but this was a fab day. And yes. Oh to be back

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I think it's only right that I'm sipping my own cocktail, an espresso martini in case you are interested, while reading today's instalment. What a fab day. Waking up to that sunrise from your balcony. The Dibb community coming together with a great recommendation and enjoying your book by the pool with a drink and without any interruptions. I'd happily take that even with the jolly-ness when he returned. Sounds like a lucky escape with the pool too, thank goodness you hadn't decided 5 minutes earlier to dive in. The photos on the beach in the evening look lovely too. But if A is Hoff, does that make you Pamela Anderson? I'm sure you'd look fab in a red swimsuit a la Pam.
Ooh nice choice Abby.
It was great to get some dining help... after all my meal planning for Bradenton went out the (missing/unsafe) house window
Yeah lucky escape on the poop in the pool front there
Lol, Andy was very merry. And then

I think I am more like one of those weirdly dressed manatees at Ellenton in my swimsuit than Pammy But I now feel we may need to re create some Baywatch scenes on a future trip 🤔🙈

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh wonderful day Amanda!
We went for lunch at the Clear Sky Cafe and it was delish, I would always head there for food if we ever return to Clearwater, your dinner at Crabby Bill’s looks good too.
Many cocktails consumed as well which is a sign of a good day!
The sunset photos are beautiful
Ha ha, quality cocktail day today.

Clear sky was really nice. Can see why it was so packed. We thought overall the beach front cafes were ok ... but menus were samey and whilst the food was nice none of it was amazing .. except maybe my lunch on the last day.

I love those sunset pics. I might frame them.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
This is much more like it! A lovely, relaxing holiday day with good food, drinks, strolls along the beach and a beautiful sunset. Could it get much better? Well, maybe if you discount the pool incident

We like Clearwater a lot. Somehow, we've never managed an overnight stay although it gets discussed for every Florida holiday. We always end up just travelling to the beach for a few hours and back again on the same day. We really must rectify that next time. We have eaten at Clear Sky though. All of your food looks lovely today, and good value too, especially dinner. Beautiful sunset pics.
A proper relaxing holiday day ! We rarely do days like these and yet we were so relaxed and it definitely put the whole house horror behind us. We did wonder why we don’t do more of it ! It must be our age creeping up on us
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List