Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 12, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
iPhone 4help - photos gone?

Please can someone help - I'm clueless with technology hence the fact I haven't done any updates on my phone or backed it up. This morning I took some videos & photos if my daughters assembly. My phone froze & the next thing I knew the camera & photo album said library rebuilding all the pics disappeared. I tried turning it off & some photos reappeare in the photo album & all photos were on the camera roll in the main camera but not in photos. I turned the phons off again & now there are only the ones that were showing in photo album in both. (1620 when there were over 3000 Anyone know how I can get them back? I've tried connecting my phone to the laptop but only the 1620 photos are showing - nothing after march this year.
Old 21 Nov 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Anyone? I've managed to transfer the photos that were showing to my computers external hard drive & have now deleted them from my phone to free up some more memory but have no idea whether I can retrieve the other photos that are missing? I'm so annoyed ad I know they were still there in the camera roll in camera earlier as i even managed to email myself one of them. Wish I'd emailed more now.
Old 21 Nov 12, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Have yu tried restoring iTunes? It will go back to the last time you sync d your phone. I washed my phone the other day and lost a few weeks worth of photos and texts.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 12, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Have yu tried restoring iTunes? It will go back to the last time you sync d your phone. I washed my phone the other day and lost a few weeks worth of photos and texts.
Not sure that'll be any good as I never sync my phone I get so confused by it all
Old 21 Nov 12, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Emi
Imagineer

Emi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Do you have your iPhone syncing to the Cloud at all? If you do they may well be saved by restoring the phone to the latest cloud backup.

Or when you say you don't sync do you mean you don't back the phone up at all?
Emi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 12, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
If she hasn't done any updates, then I don't think iCloud will be setup. That came after the iPhone 4.

If you ever attached your iphone to your PC to copy music or apps across, then it would have backed it up, but if you haven't done that, then I think they are probably lost.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 12, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Richie Rich
Trying for More Ears

I know with ios5 and 6 the phone should automatically backup to the cloud while on wifi and plugged into the charger,
Richie Rich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 12, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
No Bev is correct I haven't updated my phone so don't have the cloud & haven't connected it to the laptop since getting it till today

Thanks anyway.
Old 21 Nov 12, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

sounds like you have lost them. now is a good time as any to make sure you backup the phone to iTunes.

its very easy to-do and tbh if you have already lost so many photos whats to say it wont happen again. get it backed up and upgraded to the latest iOS we are all on 6.0.1 now

support.apple/kb/HT1296
Old 21 Nov 12, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Originally Posted by w3dal View Post
sounds like you have lost them. now is a good time as any to make sure you backup the phone to iTunes.

its very easy to-do and tbh if you have already lost so many photos whats to say it wont happen again. get it backed up and upgraded to the latest iOS we are all on 6.0.1 now

support.apple/kb/HT1296
Going to sound really stupid but what do I need to do? Do we need separate iTunes accounts as my DH has an old iPod he rarely uses, an iPhone 3 that he hasn't updated & doesn't really take many pics etc on. Can we do this on the one laptop? Next problem is that we need to clear the memory down on the laptop or get a new laptop soon!