Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Dec 13, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cheap, no frills... Osceola?

Hi all, I haven't posted here in a while since getting back from Florida in July. We have now booked to go again next year, our budget looks like it may be halved but I was so desperate I didn't care for having lots of money.

Me and my partner have two children and have been together nearly 13yrs; we're childhood sweethearts. We were never interested in marriage until recently. And then I thought why don't we do it in Florida? The one place I love so much. My mom is coming with us too next time which makes it even more perfect as I'll have my mom but we can keep it low key without frills and lots of people (not my thing)

So my first question... Where do I start? Like I said, our budget is very limited. I had read that you can marry at Osceola courthouse, it's very quick and cheap. Can anyone tell me about this? What are the procedures? Do I need to contact the courthouse? What do I need?
We just want to wed and then spend the rest of the day at our villa with my mom, our children, friends (who live in Florida) and then go for a beautiful meal in the evening.
Is it easy enough and possible with little money?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
MinnieStrawb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Hi. Have a read of the sticky at the top of the page hun. We are planning on doing this in April. We are going to turn up to the courthouse at 8.30 - do paperwork and pay the license fee then get married. All in the space of an hour. We are then off to Chef Mickey's for brunch. No fuss and just us and the children. Will spend the afternoon in the pool and the evening watching illuminations after a meal in Epcot. We have a small budget and didn't want a big fuss so this is perfect for us.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Congratulations and how exciting!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
How refreshing to see someone more focussed on the marriage than the wedding!
Wishing you all the very best.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Hi. Have a read of the sticky at the top of the page hun. We are planning on doing this in April. We are going to turn up to the courthouse at 8.30 - do paperwork and pay the license fee then get married. All in the space of an hour. We are then off to Chef Mickey's for brunch. No fuss and just us and the children. Will spend the afternoon in the pool and the evening watching illuminations after a meal in Epcot. We have a small budget and didn't want a big fuss so this is perfect for us.
Thank you for responding and pointing out the sticky. This sounds just like what I am after. Congrats on your wedding and I would love to hear about it afterwards seen as it's the kind of thing we want too. Sounds perfect
MinnieStrawb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Congratulations and how exciting!
Thank you!
Old 4 Dec 13, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
How refreshing to see someone more focussed on the marriage than the wedding!
Wishing you all the very best.
Aww thank you. I think thw fact we will be in florida is frills enough for us. We are easily pleased and don't like too much fuss
Old 4 Dec 13, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinnieStrawb View Post
Thank you for responding and pointing out the sticky. This sounds just like what I am after. Congrats on your wedding and I would love to hear about it afterwards seen as it's the kind of thing we want too. Sounds perfect
Of course. We are very much looking forward to it. Selfishly we didn't want to deal with a big wedding and hundreds of guests we haven't seen in years. We wanted to spend the money on the holiday and time with our children as we couldn't do both. I'm sure you will have a lovely day whatever you decide to do.x
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 14, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kellie
Imagineer

hi
me and my hubby got married at the Osceola courthouse in Aug 2012 after living in sin for about 22 years .
we have 4 kids and never got round to the wedding bit

I never wanted the big white wedding ect, so we decided that we would pop to the courthouse and get married there
we didn't tell any one we was doing this and we didn't take any one with us, my mum was on holiday with us and so we told her we was going shopping and left the kids with her (they were all still asleep) and we got to the courthouse as it opened, filled out the form and paid our money and said we wanted to get married there and then the lady took us into another room and we exchanged our vows, collected out marriage license and left
it was lovely and simple and just how we wanted it.

if you need any other info please let me know
Old 11 Jan 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Afitos
slightly serious Dibber

stayhappystayinloveweddin..._2011_2012.php

Hi We got married here in 2011 , our Wedding was very inexpensive and was the best Day of our lives after 10 years together.

They are the most lovely couple who marry you and made our day so special .

We are the couple at the bottom of the photo page, Bridesmaids in Purple , Me in a full blown dress and Hubby in a Blue shirt and flipflops !

Fantastic Day
Afitos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread