Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Virgin UC Leisure Config A350-1000

The first leisure config A350-1000 will be delivered this week.

Fearless lady

The UC cabin is small, 16 seats. I think the 744s had 14 seats but they were 1-1 and the cabin felt very spacious. Not sure about this one, anyone else got any thoughts?

Full seat map is here flywith.virginatlantic/g...rbus-a350.html

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hey up Adam bonny lad, I like how the UC seat is facing towards the window and the word 'suite' promises more privacy, but whether there will be is to be seen. The design and quality looks appealing but again, time will tell.

We recently flew UC on the B787, it was certainly showing a lot of wear, I believe the B787 and A330-300's were earmarked for refurb, including PE/UC width reduction, but wonder if finances may see that shelved for a while. As you know our route choice is Man to Atl to RSW but VS cancelled their Man to Atl route, apparently due to fleet shortage, until late Autumn, we'd opt LHR out with return into Man, as we're doing in May.

I appreciate VS had only been flying 5 days and the caterers will be getting back in the swing, but the UC food choice was not good, we couldn't eat any of the 3 choices (pork, trout or vegetable curry) as they contained so many spices. Our friend was in economy and said their food was very poor. We'll revert to taking a salad on our return, something we do in PE but I never thought I'd do in UC.
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We've been booked onto this config 3 times, once cancelled, and twice had the plane changed. I was really looking forward to trying it and like it in theory.

As an aside, we flew LHR to Barbados last month in UC and our food was very good.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We've been booked onto this config 3 times, once cancelled, and twice had the plane changed. I was really looking forward to trying it and like it in theory.

As an aside, we flew LHR to Barbados last month in UC and our food was very good.
Hiya PBF, first time we flew UC was afore VS stopped the afternoon tea and all food was very good. Unfortunately this has been our second occasion of poor quality and choice, airline caterers seem to insist on over spicing food and we can't stomach that, safest option is to take our own. On our recent journey I said I'll have a bread roll and banana, we don't do bread rolls anymore she replied, I thought she was joking at first! We both opted for cheese and biscuits which were very tasty.
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya PBF, first time we flew UC was afore VS stopped the afternoon tea and all food was very good. Unfortunately this has been our second occasion of poor quality and choice, airline caterers seem to insist on over spicing food and we can't stomach that, safest option is to take our own. On our recent journey I said I'll have a bread roll and banana, we don't do bread rolls anymore she replied, I thought she was joking at first! We both opted for cheese and biscuits which were very tasty.
Chris. My son and his Partner flew PE to and from NY this Month on VA. He asked about the cheese and biscuits missing and was told it was 'due to Covid'

So sad that Covid seems to be carried by cheese and biscuits whereas I thought it was by droplets in peoples breath!
Even stranger is the fact that Virgin managed to source said cheese and biscuits for the UC passengers that was apparently Covid free.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. My son and his Partner flew PE to and from NY this Month on VA. He asked about the cheese and biscuits missing and was told it was 'due to Covid'

So sad that Covid seems to be carried by cheese and biscuits whereas I thought it was by droplets in peoples breath!
Even stranger is the fact that Virgin managed to source said cheese and biscuits for the UC passengers that was apparently Covid free.
Hey up MrT, and yet we got cheese and biscuits, but no bread! Perhaps the day we flew was 'bread covid' day
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Its a just a smaller UC cabin than on the business A350 so I guess it will feel great for the pax in the suites as they really are rather good and offer much more privacy. I think the booth is a waste of space (and money) and notice there aren’t any wardrobes labeled and if they are not putting them in then I think the booth would be better used as a large cloak room !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I was hugely uninspired by the menu when I saw it but was pleasantly surprised by the actual food.

I don’t remember bread rolls on that flight either now you mention it!

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I was hugely uninspired by the menu when I saw it but was pleasantly surprised by the actual food.

I don’t remember bread rolls on that flight either now you mention it!
I will miss the soup and warm bread plus the hot pudding form the menu but the excitement of being on the flight, finally, to LA will be a softer - ‘champagne for Lulu !’
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I will miss the soup and warm bread plus the hot pudding form the menu but the excitement of being on the flight, finally, to LA will be a softer - ‘champagne for Lulu !’
Totally, they could have fed me anything tbh, we were first to board, couldn’t get on that plan fast enough!
Enjoy 😊