Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 22, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
You’re obsessed with those drawers (or lack of!) 😂 I’ll remember!
Flights will be booked as soon as the credit card payment has cleared! Bit of jiggling of funds going on as we weren’t planning on forking out for our flights in full just yet as we thought we were going through a TA! Hope nothing changes in next couple of days 🙈
Where does one put one’s undies? Lol. Yes business class will cost a good bit but for that flight in my opinion worth it. Good luck.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Just read this about NYNY room remodel starting soon,
So would definitely not book there.

vegasmessageboard/fo...august.192499/

Read to the end and people mention noise at Park MGM. We definitely haven’t had this problem, but it’s obviously an issue. Did you read through Tripadvisor reports to see if this is a consistent problem?

Edited at 02:07 AM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Just read this about NYNY room remodel starting soon,
So would definitely not book there.

vegasmessageboard/fo...august.192499/

Read to the end and people mention noise at Park MGM. We definitely haven’t had this problem, but it’s obviously an issue. Did you read through Tripadvisor reports to see if this is a consistent problem?
Argh! I did check and there was a few comments about it. When you do a search for noise there seems to be quite a few but the main complaints are from The Park or TMobile - if I asked for a strip view high up would that be away from that source? I think the Park and T Mobile are round the back are they?! There is the odd comment about neighbour noise but not enough to worry me too much.
Thanks for the information on NYNY - glad we chose not to go there!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mum22boys1girl View Post
Thank you!

Looks like the Mirage is out for us then too! I'm not sure where to go from here... we are going for 3 nights in March 2023.

MGM Park, does that come highly recommended? Is it in a good location?
I used a few maps to work out what locations I wanted to be. This one is good because although it doesn’t show all of the hotels, it does show the monorail and free trams which can help you work out the connections and where would work for you
santorinidave/las-vegas-map
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Is it definitely closing Kevin? Thought it was just a takeover and everything remaining the same? Its going to be Hard Rock isnt it? So it will close? Dont understand why her TA is offering it as a choice.
Yep rather stupid and yes it going to be a hard rock. It’s like Ballys becoming the horse shoe as it going to be where the w s o p is going to be played
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Argh! I did check and there was a few comments about it. When you do a search for noise there seems to be quite a few but the main complaints are from The Park or TMobile - if I asked for a strip view high up would that be away from that source? I think the Park and T Mobile are round the back are they?! There is the odd comment about neighbour noise but not enough to worry me too much.
Thanks for the information on NYNY - glad we chose not to go there!
Yes that would be your best option. Dont know if its because we go in winter there are not as many events at the arena? So thats why we didnt hear noise from there.
Just want to mention the monorail, the main one. On paper it looks great. In practice its a waste of time. The station are set so far back in the hotels by the time you get back onto the strip, you could have just walked up the strip any way. We had 4 day passes and used it once. The little free monorail is right near pool at Park MGM and its a great quick way to get up to Bellagio and hotels around there.

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Old 12 May 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes that would be your best option. Dont know if its because we go in winter there are not as many events at the arena? So thats why we didnt hear noise from there.
Just want to mention the monorail, the main one. On paper it looks great. In practice its a waste of time. The station are set so far back in the hotels by the time you get back onto the strip, you could have just walked up the strip any way. We had 4 day passes and used it once. The little free monorail is right near pool at Park MGM and its a great quick way to get up to Bellagio and hotels around there.
Yeah I was wondering if there would be such an issue with late night noise from The Park during February. DH has just also thrown in “away from the elevator!” - this list of places we don’t want to be near could get very long very quickly 😂
I was aware of the issues with the monorail as my sister had been quite a few years ago and said the same thing. I quite like the idea of the free tram as that sounds much more convenient.
Old 12 May 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Yeah I was wondering if there would be such an issue with late night noise from The Park during February. DH has just also thrown in “away from the elevator!” - this list of places we don’t want to be near could get very long very quickly 😂
I was aware of the issues with the monorail as my sister had been quite a few years ago and said the same thing. I quite like the idea of the free tram as that sounds much more convenient.
I don’t recall any events when we have been there, but then maybe I just didn’t realize. I guess it depends who you have next to you in the rooms on whether they are noisy or not, although some of those reports said they could here every bit of conversation. Strange that we didn’t have that. I love that little monorail especially coming back as it saves tired feet. Take your comfy shoes.
Usually at check if you chat with the check in staff who we found lovely, and tell them you would like strip view high floor etc. they will try their best to accommodate you.
Old 12 May 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

Be careful asking for a room away from the elevator. I would suggest regulars would ask for a room close to the elevator as the halls in Vegas hotels can be incredibly long. We have had rooms at the end of the hallway and you get out of the lift and cannot actually see the end of the hall as it is so far away!
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WB72 View Post
Be careful asking for a room away from the elevator. I would suggest regulars would ask for a room close to the elevator as the halls in Vegas hotels can be incredibly long. We have had rooms at the end of the hallway and you get out of the lift and cannot actually see the end of the hall as it is so far away!
I’ll bear that in mind 😂🙈 thanks!