Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Mar 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ABZLocal View Post
An alternative to paying Doc HQ for the supervised test and the antigen kit is to buy the kit separately, from Boots for example. It works well if there are 4 of you. Pack from Boots is £7.90 plus delivery (cheaper to store).

boots/health-pharmac.../dna-test-kits

Then you can book the Doc HQ "Fit to Travel - Antigen Consultation" for £15 for the video consultation and £8 per person for each certificate. If you use the code it costs around £33 for 4 people from memory.

Much cheaper to do it this way than nearly £80 for 4 via Doc HQ for the anti gen tests.
I thought you needed the £15 consultation per person?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

So far impressed, ordered 2pm yesterday, arrived this morning, have the links to the consultation too via email, so am good to go.

Am thinking of ordering these for a cruise out of Florida, just unsure if Royal Caribbean will take them.
Old 5 Mar 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I thought you needed the £15 consultation per person?
The video consultation fee is for up to 4 people. £8 per person for each certificate.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The instructions mention there should be a sticker inside the envelope with the ID of the kit on it, I haven't received this, does anyone know what it looks like?

Suppose I better contact them
Old 5 Mar 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SGJA
a Friend of the DIBB

Has anyone actually purchased their own antigen tests and used the DocHQ supervised consultation rather than purchasing the whole service? I thought some of these online consultation companies were a little ‘funny’ about using your own kits, and even refused to supervise them leaving travellers little option but to secure tests at airports.
SGJA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
The instructions mention there should be a sticker inside the envelope with the ID of the kit on it, I haven't received this, does anyone know what it looks like?

Suppose I better contact them
You won't need it. I had this same query back at the start of Feb & contacted them about it. Was told it's not needed & when actually taking the test it was indeed not needed.

Think the sticker is for PCR tests as they have to be returned to the lab.

Just to add as there were 5 of us needing to do a pre departure test. I had to do 2 orders as they only allow a maximum of 4 people in a call. One envelope had stickers & the other didn't hence why I queried it.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Can anyone tell me when you get to choose the times you wish to do the tests please. I’m concerned that I purchase 4 tests and then find out that the times I require are not available. I need either before or after school. Thanks
Hawaii04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Hawaii04 View Post
Can anyone tell me when you get to choose the times you wish to do the tests please. I’m concerned that I purchase 4 tests and then find out that the times I require are not available. I need either before or after school. Thanks
Unfortunately you don't get to see the available times until after you pay. However I recently booked for the start of the Easter holidays and there were plenty of slots available, so I think you'll probably be ok as long as you do it some weeks in advance
Briggykins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ABZLocal View Post
An alternative to paying Doc HQ for the supervised test and the antigen kit is to buy the kit separately, from Boots for example. It works well if there are 4 of you. Pack from Boots is £7.90 plus delivery (cheaper to store).

boots/health-pharmac.../dna-test-kits

Then you can book the Doc HQ "Fit to Travel - Antigen Consultation" for £15 for the video consultation and £8 per person for each certificate. If you use the code it costs around £33 for 4 people from memory.

Much cheaper to do it this way than nearly £80 for 4 via Doc HQ for the anti gen tests.
Just make sure the test is on their list
Old 5 Mar 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SGJA View Post
Has anyone actually purchased their own antigen tests and used the DocHQ supervised consultation rather than purchasing the whole service? I thought some of these online consultation companies were a little ‘funny’ about using your own kits, and even refused to supervise them leaving travellers little option but to secure tests at airports.
I did last month. I had a test that I had bought for my previous trip and just booked the consultation and certificate. As long as the kit is on their approved list it is fine