Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 May 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

No they won't best o waiting
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'll definitely be booking if DDP comes back in any form.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We would buy the QSDP if you could have it without buying Park tickets. Not going to any Parks next trip but staying on site part of the time and like eating at different resorts
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahZ
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Once again, it feels like people are using the term DDP to mean two different things...

The DDP absolutely come could back this summer (although none of us know if it will) as the DDP is a paid dining option that people can add onto their Disney resort stays. We know the DDP is returning - Disney have said as much - just not when.

There still seems to be capacity issues at Disney dining locations, primarily due to lack of staff, a handful of places have still not opened (eg Akershus) and some other locations aren't offering a full pre-pandemic range of meal options (eg Crystal Palace is not open for breakfast).

*Free* DDP being offered to UK guests for 2022 stays does seem to be very, very unlikely because, as you say, dining credits were the bonus option offered for early bookings. But also, as above, because there is currently no DDP offered to anyone.

TL; DR...

- DDP returning this summer - possibly.
- Free DDP being offered to UK guests for 2022 stays - very, very unlikely.
- Free DDP being offered to UK guests for 2023 stays - difficult to see how that could happen in the next week, unless Disney do give a formal announcement on the return of paid DDP for all guests.
I understand the difference between DDP and Free DDP. I cannot see the DDP coming back this year and I can't see the Free DDP ever coming back. Parks are absolutely packed they definitely don't need an incentive to get people to book. It's a pity as we have loved the Free DDP in the past.
SarahZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahZ
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We would buy the QSDP if you could have it without buying Park tickets. Not going to any Parks next trip but staying on site part of the time and like eating at different resorts
Don't think you could ever buy it unless it was part of a package
SarahZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Can it please be Garden Grill is open for breakfast again?
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SarahZ View Post
I understand the difference between DDP and Free DDP. I cannot see the DDP coming back this year and I can't see the Free DDP ever coming back. Parks are absolutely packed they definitely don't need an incentive to get people to book. It's a pity as we have loved the Free DDP in the past.
Fair enough, but you said: "Can't see the ddp coming back for this summer, after they already gave the dining credit."

That comment really doesn't make any sense. That Disney-UK have thrown a few dollars of dining credit to UK holidaymakers will have nothing to do with Disney-US bringing the Dining Plan back as something people can buy and add to their packages.

Disney want to bring the Dining Plan back just as soon as they possibly can: it's a big earner. Whilst none of us know when it will return, I'd gladly bet you £50, to a charity chosen by the other, that before the end of 2022, the Dining Plan will be on sale again.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SarahZ View Post
Well they’ve recently announced not one, not two but three different incentives to encourage bookings from August onwards.

The post covid boom is coming to an end at the same time the cost of living crisis is starting to bite and forward bookings are obviously not that favourable for WDW currently.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Part of me thinks the announcement will be something completely unrelated. Maybe they will include Genie+ with UK tickets, like they do Memory Maker?

But I do hope it is the return of (paid) DDP. I know most people don’t get full value from it, but we do.

Mind you, I would be even happier if the announcement was that Genie+ was going to be scrapped! But that is only going to happen in my dreams.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Part of me thinks the announcement will be something completely unrelated. Maybe they will include Genie+ with UK tickets, like they do Memory Maker?

But I do hope it is the return of (paid) DDP. I know most people don’t get full value from it, but we do.

Mind you, I would be even happier if the announcement was that Genie+ was going to be scrapped! But that is only going to happen in my dreams.
It could even be park hopping returning properly i.e. don't worry about park booking