Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Aug 16, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
I'm here Mick. I know there's rules in our homeowners association about horns etc. I don't know if it's an official law though.

I think the panic button probably is a total misuse of its function, but it's exactly what we do in the parks if we have a rental car. . We always text another member of our party the name and row number of the parking in the morning, so the car only makes a quick beep though.

Edited. I just asked my husband if he knew if it was a law, he didn't know either. His comment was " everybody does that"
Thanks ILHO.

I would never dream of doing it at Highgate Park but when you're absolutely shattered after watching the fireworks walking up row 87 and there's still 100 intermediate Chevvy Cruzes in the row it's a very useful feature.

It reminds me of our first trip in 1990 when we visited Florida Mall and I said to Joan "let's park here near the Macy's entrance"

You know what's coming don't you? Sure enough after exiting Macy's after a couple of hours "someone's stolen the car" Now of course we say "we came in the door near women's dresses"

Mick
Old 21 Aug 16, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We ended up with a McDonalds hot apple pie carton fixed to the aerial, it worked well
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
We ended up with a McDonalds hot apple pie carton fixed to the aerial, it worked well
Hope you read the small print "Caution - contents may be hot" Wouldn't want you to be suing them

Mick
Old 21 Aug 16, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
We will have to try these tips next time, as one day at HS we just couldn't find the car, the one time we didn't take a photo of the row number (DH was supposed to remember it!) and we walked up and down looking for a white dodge caravan in a sea of white dodge caravans lol.
turns out we had actually parked in row 3 but we all thought we were much further back, and no wonder we couldnt hear the horn.
It was so so hot and we were thirsty and grumpy and blaming each other, as you do, it was a stressful 10 minutes lol.
Do you know that if you can't find your car, if you stop any of the marked security vehicles they'll help you find it. They'll also help if you can't start your car (sometime people leave lights on and batteries die) or have any other problem.
Old 21 Aug 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hope you read the small print "Caution - contents may be hot" Wouldn't want you to be suing them

Mick
Old 21 Aug 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
You probably remember that someone did successfully sue them a few years back because the coffee was hot
Old 21 Aug 16, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
As we tend to hire from Alamo and get to pick our car, I try to get one that is not silver/grey/black. Try to find one in a colour I would not be seen dead driving here.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Do you know that if you can't find your car, if you stop any of the marked security vehicles they'll help you find it. They'll also help if you can't start your car (sometime people leave lights on and batteries die) or have any other problem.
We had heard the announcement on the tram of that, and were doing one last sweep of the carpark before going to flag down the security van :-)
Old 21 Aug 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread