Old 17 Feb 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 13 - Florida Mall & AK

Today started with the news that Trump was the president elect I actually couldn't believe it, I honestly thought it was a joke when I first heard he was running for president, hard to believe he ended up winning. We watched a bit of news on TV and had breakfast at the villa. (Dunkin Donuts may have featured again :/ )
The kids love the Toys R' Us at the Florida Mall so we were headed there today. I have to say, I love it there too, it's much better than any toy shop we have here in Ireland We had to persuade the boys not to buy these! They both are obsessed with teddies and buy so many character ones over there every year that we fill a carry on case with them so these guys were just a step too far in size!

We spent about an hour in there and the boys spent lots of their money. Went over to the main mall next for the Christmas Shop & Macy's. I bought 3 tree decorations in the Xmas shop but forgot to photograph them and they are now packed away in the attic. Bought nothing in Macy's.
We were hungry at this point so went to Five Guys for lunch. Love it here although one opened in Dublin last year so it's not the same novelty anymore. The Oreo milkshakes are soooo good.

It was on to Animal Kingdom after lunch. We had fastpasses for the safari and 2 for Expedition Everest I had only made these fastpasses the night before as today had been a 'return to any park day' on our plans and had made our first one for Kali River Rapids but I wasn't even sure we would do it but there wasn't much choice. When we got up that morning I said I was going to cancel KRR because we left the villa later than planned and didn't want to be rushing from the mall to AK. Well, some good luck intervened as I got a message from Disney saying they had to cancel that FP and I could make one for any other ride so that's how I got 2 for EE plus I got the 2nd one a bit later in the day which suited us better as well!

Annoyingly, a woman and her child got into our row on the safari truck even thought he cast member had removed people from other rows that weren't from the same party and kept saying only 1 party per row. It meant we could only get good photos from one side of the truck After the safari we went straight to EE and rode it and then could go again straight away with the open FP.

We decided to leave after this, it was nearly 5 & the boys wanted to go in the pool. Did a bit of shopping on the way out of the park, had been eyeing up this bag that was $20 with any purchase over $70. (Or maybe it was over $50, I didn't write it in my notes so am working from memory.)

Bought these 2 frames and a replacement bowl for one that we broke at home! It was $85 for the lot, the bag is great, it has so many pockets etc so it'll make a great summer day out bag this year for the beach, local parks etc

We go back to the villa and Fionn was straight in the pool. Odhrán didn't end up going in, everyone was tired today, you know when you get a day where all the action catches up on you, today was it for us! We ordered pizza for dinner as nobody could be bother going back out and had an early night

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 17 Feb 17 10:24 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely to see another day up
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
Lovely to see another day up
Thank you x
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another lovely day

Joan
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I must remember to go to that Toys R Us, I'm sure the grandkids will love it. I love the safari at AK.
Old 27 Feb 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another lovely day

Joan
Thanks

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I must remember to go to that Toys R Us, I'm sure the grandkids will love it. I love the safari at AK.
It's huge, they'll love it, I love it myself
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Lovely day, it's great having your own villa to just go back to and get in the pool.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I can see why the tiredness hit you all today...you managed to fit a lot of stuff in each day
Old 20 Mar 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great day, at some point in the holiday you do hit that wall don't you
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List