Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 07, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Ahh, there you go - I'd go with the DCL people then! It's really handy having people who have done these things - I know now myself that if I take a Disney cruise not to take a verandah!

I guess it depends how much time you spend in your room - we've chosen a value resort at WDW because we'd never spend enough time at a mod/deluxe to justify the cost - I haven't even planned a pool day at AMSo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 07, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with Judy, spend the extra doing a 4 night cruise. If the time frame wont fit in with you plans then I would go for PE as I doubt you would get that much use out of a verandah on a 3 night trip you will be too busy off enjoying the ship and will probably use your cabin for nothing other than sleeping and getting changed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 07, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fastpass2disney
Excited about Disney

Thank you for all your excellent advice - as ever!

I'm looking at 3 nights because DH is not that keen on the cruise idea. I think I can persuade him to do the 3 nights and then go for longer next time - as of course he will love it and want to go again!

Not sure I'm going to be able to fit everything in this trip though - also want to stay at Universal on site for part of the holiday (which DH is very keen to do). Looking to go in Feb 2009 as well though so trying to decide what to do when.
Old 18 Jul 07, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lilack View Post
Thank you for all your excellent advice - as ever!

I'm looking at 3 nights because DH is not that keen on the cruise idea. I think I can persuade him to do the 3 nights and then go for longer next time - as of course he will love it and want to go again!

Not sure I'm going to be able to fit everything in this trip though - also want to stay at Universal on site for part of the holiday (which DH is very keen to do). Looking to go in Feb 2009 as well though so trying to decide what to do when.
My DH didnt want to go on our last cruise either! But it was my choice as it was my 40th Birthday treat!

Funny how we're now booked on a 7 night one next year...He wanted to do it just as much as me!

Bet you'll be booking a longer one in 2009!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 07, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
lots of good advice here! Personally I'd go with the verandah We absolutely love them We've done rooms with and rooms without on the cruises and if we could only afford an inside room I'd still go...but if I ahd to choose it would be an outside cabin every time.

Just being able to have breakfast on the verandah watching the sea (looking out for dolphins), then again in the afternoon and before dinner, it's so relaxing and peaceful I love PE too, and can understand the dilemma, so good luck!
Old 25 Jul 07, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We haven't been yet so I will let you know better when I get back but we decided to spend the extra money on the verandah and I am SO looking forward to it. DD is only 13 months so my plan is to use the verandah to finish the new Harry Potter while she is taking her naps and at night to save disturbing her. That cooler is big enough for a bottle of wine isn't it?! ?

A little peace and quiet is worth the extra £££'s to me but it really depends on personal circumstances and how much you think you will be able to enjoy the verandah.

BTW - the difference between economy and PE in August was more than the cost of the entire 3 day cruise for us - a no brainer really
Old 25 Jul 07, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread