Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
That's what I thought but I do think I confuse myself reading too many sites ! We want to snorkel, have lunch, not go too far from the port and keep costs down by organising myself rather than do rcl excursions !
When we docked at St M, we got a cab from INSIDE the cruise area. It's a big area like a bus station here perhaps ... we would recommend getting a cab from inside this area as opposed to someone outside. You're getting some form of regulation then at least.
We got a cab to the first cocktail bar at Maho (the 2nd one has a deal with taxi drivers, but we preferred the first one). Our taxi driver asked if we wanted picking up too and when we arranged that, he took no payment from us until he'd done both journeys.
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That's good advice Bats. Thank you. Can you remember an approx amount I should expect to pay for the cab. Also the ship docks until 5pm how much time do you think we need to allow ? Sorry for asking so many questions but looking at your signature I guess you know lots about cruising lol !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
That's good advice Bats. Thank you. Can you remember an approx amount I should expect to pay for the cab. Also the ship docks until 5pm how much time do you think we need to allow ? Sorry for asking so many questions but looking at your signature I guess you know lots about cruising lol !
It's a bloomin addiction, don't do it! Seriously, we rarely do parks now as we love cruising. I'm not brave enough to try other cruise lines as I am so used to the service and brand of DCL, that's not to say others are inferior, it's just that I'm happy with DCL right now.

Anyway, I think we paid $25 for 5 or 6 of us each way, but probably gave him $10-20 tip too. We had a big people carrier thing so maybe it was slightly more to have that. It was not walkable.

We do DIY for all of our trips if we can, but we always make sure we're back at the ship 2 hours before All Aboard, so 5:30 for you. We'd ask for a 3pm pick up, but that's just us. Many others would stay later, but I don't want to be that person running down the quayside waving after a departing ship!

Joa
Old 26 Apr 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Thanks Bats. We have only been on one cruise before and that was a Med cruise with Thomsons.
We loved that one and did all our excursions on the train. I always made sure I was back a couple of hours before it was due to sail away I am a bit of a worrier but when there are 4 of you the cruise line trips are just too expensive. Really excited at going on Harmony of the Seas. I chose Orlando and DH chose the cruise so it is the perfect holiday for us and it is our silver wedding anniversary.
Just noticed you have 2 to look forward to. Hope you have a fantastic time on both !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Maybe not the nicest beach but then theres always Castaway Cay!
Old 26 Apr 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Hello!

I did the eastern in 2014 when Disney used to sail to St Maarten. Maho Beach was awesome and definitely worth a visit. Annoyingly though they've stopped sailing there for some reason, I'm hoping to go back at some point but I don't know if that will be part of their itinerary in the near future
Thanks I think the dates they run will determine which one we book to go on... I just wish they'd hurry up and come on sale!
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
Thanks I think the dates they run will determine which one we book to go on... I just wish they'd hurry up and come on sale!
Shouldn't be too much longer, it's usually 18 months out so should be any day I would think! Fingers crossed they start going to St Maarten again!
Old 27 Apr 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Bats. We have only been on one cruise before and that was a Med cruise with Thomsons.
We loved that one and did all our excursions on the train. I always made sure I was back a couple of hours before it was due to sail away I am a bit of a worrier but when there are 4 of you the cruise line trips are just too expensive. Really excited at going on Harmony of the Seas. I chose Orlando and DH chose the cruise so it is the perfect holiday for us and it is our silver wedding anniversary.
Just noticed you have 2 to look forward to. Hope you have a fantastic time on both !
We have 3 luckily, well, actually we have 4 booked, but 3 are definites. The cruises next month are a back to back .. 5 nights from San Diego to Vancouver then 7 nights from Vancouver to Alaska. We are very fortunate
Old 27 Apr 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Ha ha only saw the 2 ! My friend warned me that cruising was addictive ! Do you take children with you ? Our son is 19 (he will keep coming as long as we are paying I think) we went on a cruise when he was 13 and he loved the freedom the cruise gave him. This time I am worried that as he is too old for the teen activities he will be at a loss for something to do.
Old 27 Apr 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

We have done both, with NCL. They were both beautiful. We had more ports on the western though! Although we do love a good sea day

I think over all I would go for eastern, the Virgin Islands were breath taking and go on forever. Truely an amazing sail away whilst the sun was setting.

Next time I'm going southern