Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Jun 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I feel we may be following you around nyc😂 We have just purchased the 5 attraction explorer pass through attraction tickets direct ( booked through quidco and got some money back, can't remember how much) I worked out we would save a fair bit of money with it as just totr and esb are £52, then hoho bus is around £36, that's almost the cost of the pass covered and still 2 attractions left to visit! Not sure which but I quite fancy the nighttime cruise. I love the fact we can be so open to doing what takes our fancy once we are there. We already have Broadway tickets to see kinky boots and have some free activities on our to do list such as walk back across Brooklyn bridge, Central Park, watch the 4th July fireworks. Oooohhhh I am getting so excited now.
I think we could bump into each other. We are walking across Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park on July 4th then the fireworks. We are using our explorer pass for TOTR, ESB, and possibly HOHO bus and a circleline cruise. We may get theatre tickets at txts booth but we visit the theatre lots in the UK so not sure what we would want to see.
I have just downloaded Uber and Lyft apps and I am researching how those work now ready for our trip.
I am excited, I am all packed and ready so just twiddling thumbs til Monday when we go to the Premier Inn😀. Hope to see you in the Big Apple.

What day do you get there and leave there? We arrive from Florida on 2 July and fly back to Manchester 10pm on the 6th, landing on 7th.

Edited at 06:53 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I think we could bump into each other. We are walking across Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park on July 4th then the fireworks. We are using our explorer pass for TOTR, ESB, and possibly HOHO bus and a circleline cruise. We may get theatre tickets at txts booth but we visit the theatre lots in the UK so not sure what we would want to see.
I have just downloaded Uber and Lyft apps and I am researching how those work now ready for our trip.
I am excited, I am all packed and ready so just twiddling thumbs til Monday when we go to the Premier Inn😀. Hope to see you in the Big Apple.

What day do you get there and leave there? We arrive from Florida on 2 July and fly back to Manchester 10pm on the 6th, landing on 7th.
We arrive tea time on 3rd and leave 9.30pm on Friday 7th.
Where are you planning to watch fireworks? We thought we would catch subway over to Brooklyn and watch from Brooklyn park then perhaps walk back over Brooklyn bridge, otherwise we will leave the Brooklyn bridge until Friday if it's too late or too busy. We have a rough itinerary but it's very flexible, depends how we feel on the day.
Are you doing the parks in Florida?
We were there in March/April staying in a villa and weather was amazing. Have a fabulous time and see you in NYC.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
We arrive tea time on 3rd and leave 9.30pm on Friday 7th.
Where are you planning to watch fireworks? We thought we would catch subway over to Brooklyn and watch from Brooklyn park then perhaps walk back over Brooklyn bridge, otherwise we will leave the Brooklyn bridge until Friday if it's too late or too busy. We have a rough itinerary but it's very flexible, depends how we feel on the day.
Are you doing the parks in Florida?
We were there in March/April staying in a villa and weather was amazing. Have a fabulous time and see you in NYC.
We did Disney for our first visit last year and are returning to Disney next year for our daughter's 18th. So this visit we are visiting all the Universal parks plus a shopping trip to Florida Mall. We are staying at the Holiday Inn close to Universal, its cheap and basic but has good reviews.

Then we fly to JFK on Sunday. We are staying at a hotel on the edge of Central Park called Park Lane Hotel.
We are unsure where to watch the fireworks, we have heard the bridges are extremely busy for them. I am thinking of asking our hotel concierge to see if he has any tips.
We have loose plans to visit TOTR and Grand Central Station on Sunday,
walk Brooklyn Bridge, ferry around Statue Of Liberty, 9/11 on the Monday,
Central Park and zoo, Met Museum, and fireworks on Tuesday.
Circleline cruise, shopping, and ESB on Weds
Then Thursday may be HoHo bus or Natural History museum.

I would like to walk the Highline and go on The RIDE too but can only do so much and like you, we
want to be flexible and can change plans if we want as nothing is pre-booked 😀

Edited at 08:40 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We are just back and had the 7 item Explorer Pass. We made a list of what we wanted to do and made a plan so we could see how much we could fit in and decided this pass was best for us.

The only thing we paid for extra was entry to the 9/11 Museum which we were more than happy to do. We had previously booked the Crown at Statue of Liberty months before as well.

We thought the Explorer Pass was perfect for us and would buy it if we visited again.

The 7 things we used it for were: City Lights Hudson River Cruise, 2 hours cycle tour of Central Park, Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, 9/11 Tribute Museum, Hop on Hop off bus, Madame Tussauds.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We didn't bother. Once I had priced up what we actually planned to do it worked out more expensive to buy the pass, not by much but still I didn't want to waste money unnecessarily.

We too did the free Staten Island ferry. We really enjoyed it!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List