Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

There are quite a few adults only hotels in Mexico that allow that kind of behaviour. Best to read reviews carefully before booking one as they aren't advertised that way.

I'd personally be appalled.

I used to work with a lady that visited those kind of hotels, she had no qualms about telling people about it 😱 She even used to bring in holiday snaps to show around. Being a larger lady these snaps left very little to the imagination and I would make sure I was too busy to chat about her holidays for fear of her bringing the pics out.

Thanks to her though we knew to make sure and research our hotels very well before booking. We married in Mexico, imagine taking 18 guests out with us and encountering those scenes!

We have stayed at adult only resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and haven't ever encountered that sort of behaviour, so I hope this experience doesn't put your daughter off Tom as there are plenty of lovely adult only resorts.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We had it last year in Mexico. This time the couple were in their late 20s my DD was swimming under water with her goggles on and said they had their hands down each other's swimwear. I'm no prude but it is a family resort and kids see this stuff. Not only that, someone (guessing an adult judging by the size of them) took a dump in the pool leaving 3 rather massive floaters (actually they sank to the bottom). I reported it and they closed the pool for the rest of the day so they could retrieve said objects and treat the pool water 💩.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Hahaha this as made me laugh, because I have friends there at the moment and they are 60 plus, I'm going to ask her if it was her when she gets back she'd be horrified at the suggestion.
Brings a whole new meaning to the words "all inclusive ". ... ewwww fancy going in the pool after them
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some people behave like animals now days, they do anything anywhere. If the mood takes them they dont care whos around them. I am no prude, but theres a time and a place!
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

I would ask to see the manager of the hotel and inform him/her that the disgusting behaviour would be mentioned in my review of the hotel on trip adviser.
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I must have had a sheltered life, can't believe anyone would behave like this in public! Your poor daughter Tom, I read your earlier post saying how happy she was and how hard she had been working and she deserved this break. I hope she puts a complaint in about this to the hotel. Hope you all have a lovely family holiday in Florida soon.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I'm sure it would be an offence too!
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

I'm another that must have lived a sheltered life too as I though adults only meant no kids too. I wouldn't think that was funny at all either. Your poor daughter, I hope the rest of her holiday doesn't encounter any more of this and that she has a lovely rest of her holiday.
Old 25 Jun 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh, for goodness sake it's not nice but she's not going to be traumatised for life. As Mr Tom says she is missing her children so it probably magnified the issue.
Don't travel to the Villages in Florida, they have named a drink after a couple who were caught with their pants down literally in the village square !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bluefish
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Although our kids are grown up we tend to avoid adult only places for this very reason.

Having kids around tends to keep the less responsible adults in check I find.f

Saying that, a Sandals holiday would appeal it it were cheaper.
Just avoid the rooms with tranquility tubs on the balconies or patios or infinity pools at Sandals and you'll be fine
Bluefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread