Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
marialouise
Apprentice Imagineer

yep...packing cubes

bought some, used them for centre parcs last week LOVED them

seriously so useful.
Old 26 Jun 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Ive seen lots about them. How do they work exactly? Do you have photos haha x
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I think we all use them slightly different for us it's a full days clothes for both of us in one and we split them between the cases in the smaller ones additional underwear socks swim wear again split between the cases the middle size one I use for a couple of spare pairs of shorts tshirts leggings jeans etc and again between the cases and also make sure each case has toiletries and tooth brushes for us all
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I would like to know how they work too before I buy them😀. I have some on my save till later list on Amazon.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Different folk use them different ways. I've seen people talk about putting whole outfits in each one for kids going away with school for example so they open one each day.

For us this trip, I have different coloured ones for each person. So Hannah had pink and I put all her underwear in one, all her swimwear in another, all her hair stuff in another and so on. Then did the same for each person. Once we arrived to unpack was easy, as I just handed all the pink ones to Hannah and she Just inserted them into her drawers with the tops unzipped. Blue ones to Kieran's room etc.

If you were staying in a hotel, or multiple hotels (as we did for the first part of our hol last year) they make it really easy to find things. I labelled them so if I was looking for something it was simple to select the right one.

I also just like how they all fit so neatly into the suitcases once packed. I definitely get loads more in.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

I got some off Ebay for our Road Trip and they were brilliant. Even DH said so, so they must be good!

They kept the cases far tidier than they would otherwise have been - t shirts in one,underwear in another etc. Wish I'd brought them years ago.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I packed my swimwear in one the other day. I did the roll up method. I had 3 x tankinis, 2x bathers and 2 x rash vests. It fitted into the second smallest cube I have. Because things were rolled up the shape of the cube was wonky and I was as thinking there'd be too much empty space in the case.
I then went to re pack by doing folding. I did the 3 tankinis and could see that I would not fit them all in if I did it that way. So I've done half and half and it's a bit flatter.
All my swimwear has padded bras and belly controls so are quite bulky.

Edited at 12:38 PM.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
melsy5
Helping Minnie

I keep looking at these on Amazon but I can't decide which ones to buy. My friend said to look on Ebay as they're much cheaper however I'm hesitant because you can't read product reviews and many seem to be in China.
I also can't decide how many we'll need. We are 2 adults, DD17 and DS7 so I thought a minimum of 4 each (1 for undies, 1 for t shirts, 1 for bottoms and 1 for dresses or nice shirts) plus two for swimwear.
If anyone can give me some links I'd be very grateful as I'm going round in circles !

Practically Perfect In Every Way
melsy5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by melsy5 View Post
I keep looking at these on Amazon but I can't decide which ones to buy. My friend said to look on Ebay as they're much cheaper however I'm hesitant because you can't read product reviews and many seem to be in China.
I also can't decide how many we'll need. We are 2 adults, DD17 and DS7 so I thought a minimum of 4 each (1 for undies, 1 for t shirts, 1 for bottoms and 1 for dresses or nice shirts) plus two for swimwear.
If anyone can give me some links I'd be very grateful as I'm going round in circles !
We used these ones from ebay. Cheap from china but some UK sellers sell the same ones for a few £ more. We used them last trip and no complaints.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I've been dithering about packing cubes for quite some time now. Thinking back to the chaos that was our suitcases after last year's holiday (just two of us, but we travelled to Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore within a 3 week period), whereby we didn't actually unpack anywhere but just riffled through the cases every day, I have had a good think about packing cubes. I think you guys have helped me make the decision, and I've just ordered a pink set and a blue set off eBay.

This year we are doing one night at AOA before a Disney Cruise for the first time, followed by a couple of days at Royal Pacific Resort, then a couple of weeks at Port Orleans FQ. My thinking is that if we have the cubes, I can pack some of them specifically for the cruise and Universal, and then leave the others with Disney (in a case, obviously!) between our AOA night and our POFQ nights. I was intending to leave one case with Disney anyway as I know they will transfer them from AOA to POFQ for us, and if I have already packed cubes, I won't have to pither about repacking cases full of loose stuff when we get to AOA.

Thank you to the OP and all the responders - you helped me make a decision!
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List