Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 07, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

What do I need money for?

Tell me all the things that I will need cash for on the DCL please!
TIA
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 07, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Room service tips

Port Days for taxi fares/shoping etc

Ummm there must be more but I cant think of any! doesnt help you much I know - sorry! I think just about everything onboard gets charged to your account and you pay at the end?
Old 2 Aug 07, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post

When you say "eveything on board gets charged to your account" what sort of things do you mean?
Old 2 Aug 07, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Alcohol, gifts from the on board shop, Alcohol, gifts from shop on Castaway cay, Alcohol, photos from 'shutters', alcohol,hire of any snorkelling / boats etc on CC & then there's all the alcohol! LOL!

Actually we didnt drink all that much apart from a wine package at dinner & a few cocktails on deck at night!

Our bill for the 3 nights came to about $200 which included the drinks plus a few souvenirs..T shirt for me, Bucket & Spade on CC for lo, Toy Buzz Lightyear in shop on board for lo,Photo package & the must have fridge magnet from CC!
I was actually pleasantly surprised by how little we spent...Just have to be carefull next time as its a 7 nighter!

We chose to do our 'tips' at the end of cruise in cash too so as not to 'bump' up my CC bill!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 07, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I couldn't help but notice a recurring theme there Sally! What did you think of the wine package? Worth doing? And whats in a Bahama Mama? -- read that somewhere!
Old 2 Aug 07, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep as Sally has already pointed out, Alcohol! lol

Ermmm some other things that come to mind that would be charged to your account would be snacks such as popcorn/candy for the shows or from room service, bottled water, spa treatments, photos from shutters, bingo, excursions, wine/tequila tasting, purchases from the gift shops on the ship, tips, flounders reef if you have kids too young for the kids clubs. Im sure my biggest expense will be all those cocktails
Old 2 Aug 07, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohh just remembered another thing, you have to pay for speciality coffees in the Cove cafe, I think they have pastries in there too but Im not sure if they are free or not?
Old 3 Aug 07, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
think the pastries are free...

Definately budget for those wonderful cocktails!...and the spa treatments, and excursions, and trips, and photo's...
Old 3 Aug 07, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Les, you know I think you can spend as little or as much as you want on your cruise, there are no ''hidden extra's'' if thas what your worried about?
If you like a few drinks in the evening and dont want to run up a huge bar bill then take a bottle of something onboard with you, then run up to the 24hrs drink station to get your mixers. Soft drinks with meals are free, and if you just drink soda from the drinks station then you wont have any bar bill at all. All the things that cost ''extra'' are things you would normally expect to pay extra for if you stayed in a hotel, things such as spa treatments or excursions or photos taken by the onboard photographer
Old 3 Aug 07, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

What about tipping? What is the going rate for waiters, maid service etc.
Lesley
Closed Thread