Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 07, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

help with cruise please ASAP x

just about to book with TCD then this thought pops in my head, so i need some questions answered please if you can

is it ok without kids ?

do we have to dress up ?

are the prices reasonable for food etc on board ?

how much are taxes to enter bahamas etc ?

what is castaway cove ?

thanks x

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 07, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi

Have you shopped around for prices? Just that someone else booked with TCD and cancelled and booked with a US TA?

How long is the cruise for?

Many people have cruised without children.

Castaway Cay is Disney's own private Island.
Old 12 Aug 07, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

I'd look at booking with a US agent before you book with TCD... The UK agents charge WAY too much for these cruises usually!
Take a look at Vacationstogo.com or Dreamsunlimited first if i were you!
Fine without kids as there are Adult only areas & pool!
Dressing up is optional really as long as its smart casual in dining rooms!(no shorts/flip flops etc..)
Food is all included on board apart from the Adult only 'Palo' restaurant which is then $10 extra!
All taxes are included in Bahamas!
Castaway Cay is Disneys private island & the 'Highlight(or one of many!) of the cruise!

Check out Disneycruiseline.com for all the info!
More Dibbers will be along with loads more advice I expect!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 07, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Yes, definitely check the US T/A prices ..you may well save a small fortune, plus the cancellation T&Cs are much better !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 07, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm the guilty one i'm afraid! I booked with TCD as all the rest of my holiday was with them. I got some good advice from this site and I have now saved myself £637 for 2 ad and 2 ch on 3 day cruise. It didn't cost me to cancel with TCD and I'm now booked with Dreamsunlimited.

Definately worth looking around for quotes and finding out what onboard credits everyone is giving. You are probably better to book with DCL, get their credits and before you pay your final payment transfer to a US Travel Agent and they will give you more OBC's.

The only difference with TCD was they were paying your gratuities, where as the US T/A doesn't but when you count up how much they cost it certainly doesn't come anywhere near £637 for 3 days! I think on average it's around £70.
Best to shop around.

Jackie
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 07, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
You're probably all sorted now but...

is it ok without kids ?... oh yes! we've never taken dd with us, always cruised as a couple and had a wonderful time!

do we have to dress up ?...not if you don't feel comfortable doing it...people wear all sorts of things to dinner, as long as you're not in your bathing sauit and shorts you'll be fine! Palo has a slightly stricter dress code but you only choose to go there if you want to, and pay extra slightly

are the prices reasonable for food etc on board ?... you don't pay for food, all included!

how much are taxes to enter bahamas etc ?...again, all included

what is castaway cove ?... Disney's own private island, the adult only beach is called Serenity Bay and one of our favourite places in the world to relax!
Old 16 Aug 07, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Ditto to all above! I priced with TCD and Virgin, and then booked with Dreams Unlimited. SO much cheaper.
Good Luck
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 07, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread