Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 May 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RespectTheDuck
I want to go now!

Really comprehensive! Just looking at rental prices for Sept 17 so definitely use your information. Cheers!
RespectTheDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
deano179
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
Hi renting a premium SUV via Hertz in October , supposedly a Suburban or Expedition.Cant nail down Hertz to tell me if they have 7 or 8 seats in their Suburban .
Anyone rented premium SUV group T6 PFAR recently ? Did it have the bench seat for the second row ?

I've heard that a lot of the Hertz fleet do have the 8 seats but it would be good to hear from someone who's been out there recently .
We have had a few Surburbans and Yukon XLs (the same car but GMC branded) from Hertz and they are all 8 seats.
Vista Cay Easter 2017
Highlands Reserve 2018
deano179 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Wink Car Hire melt down!

Departing for Orlando in October and I have everything booked, signed sealed and delivered for the trip except the car hire! We were booking with Alamo but my husband asked me about car insurance. Easy question when everything was ticked from Collision Damage Waiver and Extended Protection. I thought we were covered but according to google and the big wide web... we're not! When DH asked me excess on the policy I smiled and hoped for the best! The long and the short is I have absolutely no idea! DH said that we need to make sure that we have cover for things like someone denting the car in the carpark etc.
Sorry for the long winded panic post... but I suppose what I would like to know is are we covered for dents, crashes and all things nasty with our car hire. I seem to have collision damage waiver and extended policy.

really appreciate the advice!

Grainne
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Hiya.

Who did you book with? You should be ok.
We usually buy a policy to cover things like lost keys and glass breakage etc but alot of people don't.
We rather be safe then sorry but like I said, not everyone buys it
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello everybody, I'm new here (I discover your very helpful forum thanks to a very helpfull too member on a french Disney forum I use to participate) - Sorry for my bad english by the way.

Here is my question :

With 5 adults and one kid (3 years old), is that better to rent a 12 passenger van, like a Ford Transit or a Chevy Express (not very comfortable for the passengers), or a Premium SUV like a Chevy Suburban or a Ford Expedition EL ?

EDIT : The duration of our 2018 road trip in FL will be 3 weeks, so we'll need 6 luggages ans a few hand luggage

Thank you so much for your feed back.

Edited at 03:49 PM.
Old 12 Jul 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

my preference would be the suburban (6 adults going to be in one this sept) the 12 seaters are more like a minibus . you'd manage with a minivan depending on the room needed for luggage
Old 12 Jul 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dilemme75 View Post
Hello everybody, I'm new here (I discover your very helpful forum thanks to a very helpfull too member on a french Disney forum I use to participate) - Sorry for my bad english by the way.

Here is my question :

With 5 adults and one kid (3 years old), is that better to rent a 12 passenger van, like a Ford Transit or a Chevy Express (not very comfortable for the passengers), or a Premium SUV like a Chevy Suburban or a Ford Expedition EL ?

EDIT : The duration of our 2018 road trip in FL will be 3 weeks, so we'll need 6 luggages ans a few hand luggage

Thank you so much for your feed back.
Congrats on your first post and welcome to The Dibb

You don't need a 12 seater.
I think a minivan or a premium SUV will be fine you but personal choice...I would go for the premium SUV
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
Hiya.

Who did you book with? You should be ok.
We usually buy a policy to cover things like lost keys and glass breakage etc but alot of people don't.
We rather be safe then sorry but like I said, not everyone buys it
I'm swaying the same way tbh. We booked with Alamo but will probably take out a separate policy for the small things 😬 It would be my luck to park the car in a car park and get scratched or a dent. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it 😊
Old 13 Jul 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gra1901 View Post
I'm swaying the same way tbh. We booked with Alamo but will probably take out a separate policy for the small things 😬 It would be my luck to park the car in a car park and get scratched or a dent. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it 😊
Well...Alamo is pretty good and my first choice usually. This time we are going with Avis and that was only because we split the rental and ended up getting 4 days free thanks to the BA offer

If you are going to get a policy...make sure you check both annual and 1 time rental as in most cases..the annual policy is cheaper

Good luck!
Old 17 Jul 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Evening all

We're all booked & ready to go next month, just need to arrange to the car hire...

We need to seat 6 plus luggage without breaking the bank, any suggestions?

Thanks!