Old 25 May 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gracie89
Serious Dibber

gracie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mediteranean Magic Muchies - Travel Day

Travel Day

We flew with Ryan Air, which was fine but we were very aware it was a budget flight. Can't complain too much, as it was a smooth flight and only two hours to Barcelona.

Started to get excited here!

We could hardly contain our excitement when we first saw the beautiful Disney Magic.

And after waiting approximately two hours in the departure port, we finally got aboard the ship.

Obligatory family welcome done and we were on the hunt for two things. 1) Access to our room (we had a very tired and cranky teething toddler, and 2) FOOD we were hungry! breakfast was just some mullerlight so as you can imagine the hunger (and subsequent snappiness) had definitely set in.

AS Music 2001
POP 2003
AKL 2005
POR RS 2011

SSR Sept 2012
DCL Disney Magic 2014
BLT&BWV 2015 *Booked*

Edited at 11:01 AM.
gracie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 15, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gracie89
Serious Dibber

gracie89's Reviews
Cont...

We quickly made our way to top deck and found ourselves a beautiful spot in the sun to eat our lunch. We went to Pete's Broiler instead of Cabana's mainly because of the queue, but we were happy with our choice:

Cheese burgers and fries. They have a fresh toppings bar which was great, we visited this place more than once during our cruise, as it was conveniently located next to the pool and the kids really enjoyed it. Tummies full we made our way downstairs to see if our cabin was ready...
And finally it was! When your not concierge and you have an early flight there is a lot of waiting, but it is totally understandable considering their tight turn around.
Any way here we are:

our home for the next seven nights. The kids took a short nap while we unpacked and by 5:40 we were all headed out to dinner. DD decided she wanted to go to the meet and greet at the kids club and eat there, this was a reoccurring theme throughout the holiday.
DH, DS and I however ate here:

Here is the adult menu:

and the kids:

So we met our servers for the week who were absolutely phenomenal, disney through and through and very enthusiastic.
DH had a been and I had the elderflower Bellini. Yum!

DH had the Chicken Bastela to start:

I had the Calimari

These were served very hot and fresh and both were delicious.
For main I had the Pork Wellington

this was awesome, really tasty.

DH had the NY Strip:

which, he declared, was cooked to perfection.

DS had the macaroni cheese:

which he picked at to be honest. At this point my little man was very tired and teething so cue the iPad

For dessert I had the banana caramel bliss sundae:

which was good but a little strange as the ice-cream was mint choc but I ate it of course.

DH ordered the sweet temptation trio:

I was a little jealous of this, and may or may not have stolen a couple of mouthfuls when he wasn't looking
After dinner we took our DS to the 'it's a mall world nursery' so we could go and watch the sail away show. The nursery service was fabulous and we will definitely be using it again this year.

DH got one of these:

which you can refill for the cost of a smaller beer so it was a good deal for us, and the glass (actual glass) is nice a nice souvenir too.

AS Music 2001
POP 2003
AKL 2005
POR RS 2011

SSR Sept 2012
DCL Disney Magic 2014
BLT&BWV 2015 *Booked*

Edited at 02:39 PM.
gracie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 15, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love your photos! Cant wait to see more!
Old 26 May 15, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Fantastic to see a trip report of the Disney Magic in the Med and really enjoying it so far.
My DD 12 and I are on the 22 August sailing this year so will definitely be following it. Do you have a trip report index we can subscribe to?

Gillian
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

oh great,another cruise trippy,looking forward to more. mo.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 15, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gracie89
Serious Dibber

gracie89's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sotong View Post
Fantastic to see a trip report of the Disney Magic in the Med and really enjoying it so far.
My DD 12 and I are on the 22 August sailing this year so will definitely be following it. Do you have a trip report index we can subscribe to?

Gillian
Hello hun, yes there is now one up. Sorry I am what you could consider technologically challenged, so it took me a little while to figure it out.

AS Music 2001
POP 2003
AKL 2005
POR RS 2011

SSR Sept 2012
DCL Disney Magic 2014
BLT&BWV 2015 *Booked*
Old 29 May 15, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Your first day of food looks lovely, that steak, mmm!

Looking forward to more.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 15, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So love reading this!
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 15, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
sound wonderful
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Looks a good start to your cruise. I like the look of the dessert trio.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List