Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jan 16, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

convertible

Anyone had mustang or similar convertible, just booked one to drive Pacific coast highway but DH just pointed out there probably won't be any room in boot for luggage when roofs down, can anyone clarify if room goes into book and if not how much luggage can you get in.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post

If there's only 2 of you, it'll be OK with the roof down and suitcases in the back seat. Otherwise there's no way, you'll be lucky to get one decent sized case in the boot.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Check out the stickies at the top - you should be able to find some information.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

There's 3 of us, DD will be in back, was thinking 1 case in boot, 1 on back seat but wasn't sure if hand luggage would fit anywhere
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

WI hope that your DD is young and quite small as there is not a lot of room in the back seat esp if it's the convertable model.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The roof up / down doesnt make a difference to the space in the car.

You'll fit your hand luggage in the boot - with the case.
The other case will need to stand upright on the back seat.

You'll be fine

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How old is your DD, and how well does she travel? It will be quite cramped in the back especially with items of luggage at the side of her. Not too comfy for longish drives.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
I think you should google some images I've previously owned a convertible Audi A4, which is probably bigger than a mustang, and there was very little going in the boot when the roof was down. Add to that as a 6' male, my 4 year old was the only one that could sit behind me.

And one other MAJOR point. It's no fun sitting in the back seat of a convertible on a long journey, roof down, back seat is a pain unless you're just tottering around town. My kids loved travelling with the roof down, unless we went near a road where you'd do 40+ for any length of time.

I really, really, strongly recommend that you reconsider. If there was just the 2 of you fine, but not 3.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Also consider your height and the size of your child, if you are tall and have to push the seat back there is no leg room in the back. There is just 2 of us, we put one case in the boot with one hand luggage, one on the back seat with golf clubs and 2nd hand luggage behind passager seat, my DH is not quite 6ft and I don't think anyone could sit behind him.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

I would advise against a convertible Mustang. Mainly for the comfort of your daughter, it really is tight in the back and quite uncomfortable. The roof doesn't fold into the boot on newer mustangs but it is still only large enough for one suit case, You will be able to stow some hand luggage around the case. Having a suitcase on the back seat of a soft top would give me cause for concern for its security when left unattended, really obvious that there are more valuables elsewhere in the vehicle. We found we had the roof up more often than not because the sun beating down on us was unbearable. A convertible is great for local journeys but soon loses its sex appeal on a road trip.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread