Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jan 16, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TheColes
Proud to wear my Ears

Upgrade to corvette from alamo

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has upgraded from a mustang convertible to a corvette on there visit, if so how much was it, I've got a date for the 13th september for 10 nights and theres only 2 of us going and this is the chance to get one
TheColes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I've not seen a Corvette in Alamos fleet in Orlando. May need a special request.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I maybe wrong but I dont recollect seeing them in Alamo, Avis or Hertz. Maybe a specific request as above poster said

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Hi
In August son went to swap his Tin Top Mustang at DCC ( Alamo).
As was his honeymoon he layed it on a bit thick they offered him the corvette which he was about to take till they found out his drop off was in Miami.
The swop would have been free however I think that was because of story rather than like for like swap.
But Alamo do have corvette on books how many is another matter if you want a higher end sports car may well be better to contact your provider and book.
NB. The 2 at DCC were dayglo yellow.
Enjoy.
Old 14 Jan 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Hi
In August son went to swap his Tin Top Mustang at DCC ( Alamo).
As was his honeymoon he layed it on a bit thick they offered him the corvette which he was about to take till they found out his drop off was in Miami.
The swop would have been free however I think that was because of story rather than like for like swap.
But Alamo do have corvette on books how many is another matter if you want a higher end sports car may well be better to contact your provider and book.
NB. The 2 at DCC were dayglo yellow.
Enjoy.
Well done duncanb, good info as usual. He would have been lucky to get one. Personally would prefer a Challenger, Camaro, and then a Mustang in that order all tin tops. The Corvette is way too low for me. Got into one at a car show and the owner had to help me out!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Nice one PPM,
And of course since its inception the corvette has been the American answer to the Porsche 911 in numbers only its plastic body and unruly power make it a poor comparison but it does go like you know what off a shovel.
I'm not a charger fan as iconic 68 mustang think Bullitt is a dream for me.
However in early September drove both the Mustang 2016 tin top and Camero 2016 soft top without a doubt the Camero is best drivers car hands down the Mustang is however best car to live with. So Camero for me and yes I did abuse them.
Sorry OP petrolhead bit done with.

Edited at 07:19 PM.
duncanb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Hi, we were offered a free upgrade from a Mustang to a Corvette when we were in Orlando in October. It was white and looked lush but unfortunately it only has 2 seats and we had our 2 kids with us (they were not up for the suggestion that they spend their holiday at the Car Care Centre! what kind of selfish children have we raised? ) so, alas, we had to turn it down
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
TheColes
Proud to wear my Ears

Thumbs up

Hi, thanks for your responsive, When i went in october 2014 they had a couple in the car lot, do you get a better deal at disney car care then or at alamo mco, its our 10th wedding anniversary so i want something special for me lol as I'm a bit of a car nut 2
TheColes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 16, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Hi, We only had our car for part of the holiday last year so that's why we picked it up at the CCC, I'm not sure if there is a difference in the price between pick up at MCO and CCC.

I'm not one to condone bribery (well actually I am, I bribe my kids all the time) but I had taken a box of UK Cadbury sweets (read somewhere that US Cadbury is not as nice and some Americans prefer the UK stuff) for the car hire staff because my DH was really hoping to get a Mustang rather than 'or similar' and I thought this might help. Whether this helped with the free upgrade to a Corvette offer, I don't know but it couldn't have done any harm
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 16, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread