Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jan 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Should I bite the bullet and book ?

Hi

I asked wether I should book or hold out for car hire for September a few weeks ago, someone said hold out, looking at prices though they are going up and up . Mr Tomorrow, what would you recommend I do
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It has gone crazy out there the last few weeks and it cannot just be the exchange rate albeit that is a bit of an influence.

I know I push Virgin Alamo and NO I'm not employed by them! However their prices haven't risen like other companies.
A non Dibber friend of mine booked with them last night - £200 cheaper than any other half decent company out there.

OP. I would book NOW and ensure you have a booking that can be cancelled with no penalty should you spot a better deal.

Best of luck

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It has gone crazy out there the last few weeks and it cannot just be the exchange rate albeit that is a bit of an influence.

I know I push Virgin Alamo and NO I'm not employed by them! However their prices haven't risen like other companies.
A non Dibber friend of mine booked with them last night - £200 cheaper than any other half decent company out there.

OP. I would book NOW and ensure you have a booking that can be cancelled with no penalty should you spot a better deal.

Best of luck
Thank you so much for your reply, yep I think I should bite the bullet and go for it, unfortunately everything is left for me to book, Dh doesn't get involved with any of it albeit the paying . So car hire is a bit of a minefield for me, think I will stick with Alamo Brits or as you suggested virgin Alamo, I believe I can cancel with them both if needs be.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Thank you so much for your reply, yep I think I should bite the bullet and go for it, unfortunately everything is left for me to book, Dh doesn't get involved with any of it albeit the paying . So car hire is a bit of a minefield for me, think I will stick with Alamo Brits or as you suggested virgin Alamo, I believe I can cancel with them both if needs be.
Yes both allow you to cancel. Loads on here in the last few weeks are finding Virgin Alamo tons cheaper than Brits so check both please
I have cancelled, rebooked, cancelled again and rebooked with both Companies so no problems there.
Both give a free extra driver as well albeit Virgin is a smoother booking system that guarantees you skip the counter. Brits sometimes is a bit twitchy!

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

So if I book Virgin Holidays I get a second driver free and I can cancel at any time and skip the queue
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

I too am thinking of booking with virgin Alamo. Going to check prices again now 😞

Just checked -
Alamo Brits is coming out cheaper for me by £48. It's £730 for a standard car or £756 for full size. We are 2 adults and 2 children so not sure which would be best for us. This is for 28 days hire. Not sure whether to book now or wait. I should have booked back in October! 😞

Edited at 11:46 AM.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
So if I book Virgin Holidays I get a second driver free and I can cancel at any time and skip the queue
Yes you can. I actually book via Virgin Atlantic as you get your docs immediately. It's all in their terms ref free cancellations

Old 16 Jan 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Can anyone suggest elsewhere for me to take a look?
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

hertz.fr is cheaper then Alamo for my date
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
hertz.fr is cheaper then Alamo for my date
Never booked with hertz before what are they like?
Closed Thread