Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Women who go swimming while on their period find that they don’t seem to bleed in the water. The explanation for this is simple. Your period does not stop since the coating of the uterus continues to shed. However, due to the counter-pressure of the water, the gush is impeded and does not enter the water. Additionally, if you are floating or swimming in a horizontal manner, the gravity cannot pull the flow down and out (the science of swimming). Gravity isn’t strong enough to pull it out when you’re standing in the water, so it makes sense that if you further counteract gravity’s effects, it won’t be able to draw your flow out. The moment you stop swimming and stand upright for a couple of minutes, your period will continue exiting normally. You should note that this counter-pressure does not always stop menstrual flow – depending on the woman and depending on the period, it can continue leaking out, and it disperses throughout the water so that you can’t see it.

This is the reasoning behind what I mean. Of course not fool proof but a pad would be your back up for any blood loss.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dee_laah
Gone all Goofy

mooncup/
this is a great alternative to tampons.
I got 2 over 5 years ago, however I never got to use mine as I ended up in chemical menopause, But my daughter loved it. Pop it in and empty ever 12 hours. no fibres or waste to pollute our waters.
Various ones and though it may seem expensive vs Tampons and pads they are a bargain
Dee_laah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don't think the adhesive of the sanitary towel would work in water. Must be a nightmare for you trying to overcome this problem. I hope you find something that works.
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dee_laah View Post
mooncup/
this is a great alternative to tampons.
I got 2 over 5 years ago, however I never got to use mine as I ended up in chemical menopause, But my daughter loved it. Pop it in and empty ever 12 hours. no fibres or waste to pollute our waters.
Various ones and though it may seem expensive vs Tampons and pads they are a bargain
A friend swears by this! Great idea
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I'd be wary of anything which might allow any drop of blood to leak out - you're in the water with dolphins who have acute senses of smell. I have no idea what they'd do if they got a whiff!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm having this exact same problem with DD13 at the moment. We are off to Portugal in just over 2 weeks so the kind of holiday where the kids are in the pool the entire day and as luck would have it DD is due on!
We went to the GP yesterday morning and asked about the tablet you take to delay the period but he said it's now not licensed for under 18's so couldn't help us! I'm going to have a look at the teen lillets as not heard of them before, hopefully she'll be willing to try them.
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Liv
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I'm having this exact same problem with DD13 at the moment. We are off to Portugal in just over 2 weeks so the kind of holiday where the kids are in the pool the entire day and as luck would have it DD is due on!
We went to the GP yesterday morning and asked about the tablet you take to delay the period but he said it's now not licensed for under 18's so couldn't help us! I'm going to have a look at the teen lillets as not heard of them before, hopefully she'll be willing to try them.
This must have changed very recently then - I got these tablets for my 14 year old last week with no problems
Liv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It's rubbish isn't it! We have this with Dd13 for October trip. We were camping in July and she came on and I just kept saying to her how much more pleasant a tampon would be. She loves the pool and we are doing DC when we go back so I'm just going to keep encouraging her to try. Fingers crossed you can sort something.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Liv View Post
This must have changed very recently then - I got these tablets for my 14 year old last week with no problems
Oh really? To be honest I thought the gp was fairly useless (we had gone for another reason) but mentioned the tablet whilst there.
Might make another app next week with a different doc and actually mention the name of the tablet as I didn't know it off the top of my head, see what they say. Thank you for heads up 😃
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Having the exact same issue with DD - and she is only 10, so freaked out enough about having periods anyway, the idea of having to put something "up there" has scared her witless. There is no way on earth that I'm letting a 10 year old anything that will stop her period even if doctor would prescribe, so having to hope that the thought of not swimming will encourage her at least to give the mini tampons a try. I'd rather the issue hadn't come up just yet, but what can you do!?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List