Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jan 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Who goes out for dinner first evening "fresh" from the airport?

We are offsite our first 8 nights before heading to Disney with DDP and there are SO MANY offsite places I want to try. Our BA flight is scheduled to arrive around 3.30pm so I'm saying around 6pm roughly we'd be at the hotel. On our last two trips we've been onsite and grabbed something simple from the resort but I'm thinking bigger this time I'd love to go out but hoping we don't regret it halfway through, especially with kids. Views?

Edited at 10:36 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

I think it depends how far you go and how the flight was! We usually find eating somewhere when we get there is a good idea in terms of forcing us to stay up a bit later We don't tend to venture too far though in case we're tired so we can get back in good time
Old 10 Jan 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stay in a villa , so normally dump cases and go to Walmart to do a shop. We normally stay in first night , have nibbles as normally not very hungry.

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We always do, in fact, we don't snack too much on the flight to make sure we are ready as we see it as a real missed opportunity to not have a meal that first night.

Quick dumping of the bags, shower, change and back out. It;s normally one of the best nights of the holiday as the excitement levels are so high.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We always do, in fact, we don't snack too much on the flight to make sure we are ready as we see it as a real missed opportunity to not have a meal that first night.

Quick dumping of the bags, shower, change and back out. It;s normally one of the best nights of the holiday as the excitement levels are so high.
That's what I'm thinking
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

We arrive at the villa and whilst we unpack the kids have fun in the pool, my kids are older, then we'll join them for a bit and head out for dinner about 6:30pm. We tend to go somewhere local on 192 that isn't too expensive as we find we're not that hungry having eaten at slightly random times on the flight. This time we ate at Perkins, which is always a favourite I ordered a salad because I wanted something light and it was huge, the waitress was worried there was something wrong cos I barely made a dent in it and she suggested ordering a side salad next time.
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's not for us and I know the children would hate having to go out and just be tired and grumpy, plus we're never that hungry. The furthest we'd probably make is WPE at Disney Springs, but definitely not for a TS meal anywhere.

I'd play it by ear on the day as you might get delayed, hit huge immigration queues, see how the kids are etc. If everyone is awake and has the energy for it, then go, but if not, then just stay put and relax.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Last time we went after we checked in the hotel we felt so hungry even though we had eaten well on the flight so we went for a walk and found a pizza takeaway place not chain across from rosen near universal took a while to make as it was fresh but was one of the nicest pizzas i have had.

We were going to do the same this year but seems like its closed down as nothing of it on latest street view or on google
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We normally get to the Hotel around 5/6pm, then freshen up and head for a meal at Disney Springs.
Love the feeling of soaking it all in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

The last two times we've been, we decided to go to the Epcot Food and Wine festival as soon as we'd dropped our luggage off (the first time because we arrived on the last night it was on and we wanted to see what it was like).

We had a few different things from the stalls and felt that was fine rather than having a proper meal. However, the next morning I was very sick which meant I missed our Keys to the Kingdom tour and early BOG breakfast.

Still don't know why it seemed to be a good idea to try it again when we went in September and exact same thing happened (apart from missing anything the next morning as we'd not made that mistake again).

So this time will definitely be having a proper meal on the first night in the hope that this will stop it happening again.

Susan
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List