Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jan 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At our advanced years when we get to the villa at around 7pm (if we're on the later flight) our body clocks obviously tell us it's midnight and that's not the time when we have our main meal back home.

So after unpacking and a quick coffee we head over to Publix at Berry Town Center for a few essentials including some cooked chicken and salad stuff for dinner.

When we wake at 5am the next day - as you do - we ask ourselves whether it's too early to go out and have a coffee in the spa

Fingers crossed we will be watching the sunrise from there soon

Mick
Old 11 Jan 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Serious Dibber

We don't land until 20:10 on Norwegian this time, I figure by the time we are all sorted pick up the car etc it is going to be about 2130-2200 by the time we get to OKW. The plan was to just use snack credits at Good's food to go to get something light as probably will want to head straight to bed and definitely not on a full stomach! I've done various meals on the first night in the past as I normally get virgin flights, eaten at various food courts and food quest, never done a proper sit down meal, I never really enjoy it, It's a strange time to eat and I'll just try and get to bed at around 2200..
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We don't land until 17.40 so doubt we'll be at Disney until 8ish. If kids have slept on plane at all then we may go over to DS for a quick service meal somewhere but given the time difference it's more likely I'll be sending my partner over to the food court to bring us back some pizzas.
I like the idea of a proper meal somewhere but think tiredness would ruin it for us all.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We stay off site, drop the bags, mad dash around Walmart then to Panda Express for a Family Feast back at the villa. Roll on August
Old 11 Jan 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

It's a must do for us - out for a meal (traditionally Chili's), a quick dash around Publix / Walmart for essentials, a swift beer and then bed. Up at stupid o'clock the next morning waiting for the pool heating to come on .
Old 11 Jan 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Usually we land about 3.30pm. Always stay on site. Would never book a TS meal or want one. I like to unpack and organise the room, explore the resort, have a bath and let the kids have a swim. They and DH eat at the food court but I'm never hungry until the next morning when I am ravenous about 5am!
Old 11 Jan 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

We will arrive too late for that next time, we have ordered a welcome pack and will probably have breakfast out the next morning. On other trips we have arrived and ordered a pizza
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

One time we ignored eating went to bed early and got up - very early. So don't recommend that. We have had times where DD was falling asleep in her food at 7pm. What we found works for us now is arrive at hotel - go for a swim - nothing like water to wake you up and make you hungry - and then go out for food - have found that works a treat for us. Nothing too heavy the first evening food wise.
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

We have only ever eaten out once on our arrival day, first time we went we went out to Outback Steakhouse, big mistake ... we were all so tired and didn't really enjoy the food, now we just grab a snack or have a takeaway, when we went last year our villa owners had left us a welcome pack ( which they informed us of prior to our arrival ) so we didn't even need to stop off to get supplies .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We grab a few essentials on way to villa. When we have stayed at hotels, dh goes and gets something from the shops, just crackers and a cake etc., to tide us over. We never would imagine going to eat out. However, we have always landed on the later fights, so that makes a big difference. we like to go out for a big breakfast on our first morning.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List