Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

I should find out on Wednesday what is happening to my outbound flight.
Then I’ll be the same as you Fefe, wait another 15 days to see what they do with the return flight!
God knows what they will do seeing as they no longer fly from/to Glasgow on both my current outbound & inbound dates!
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Frange View Post
I should find out on Wednesday what is happening to my outbound flight.
Then I’ll be the same as you Fefe, wait another 15 days to see what they do with the return flight!
God knows what they will do seeing as they no longer fly from/to Glasgow on both my current outbound & inbound dates!
Hope it works out suitable for you. I can see why they are doing it as they’ve got rid of all the 747s but demand was really high before this that needed an all year round service but now only 1 plane. Hopefully their fears won’t be realised and demand picks up and they can go back to their usual days!

Edited at 08:05 PM.
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
golfer66
Serious Dibber

golfer66's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When doing some searches there you can book from Glasgow for next April flying out on the Saturday and coming back on the Friday so only 13 nights .
golfer66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

It was stated some time ago that flights from Glasgow to MCO will depart on a Saturday and Wednesday and the MCO-GLA leg will be Tuesday and Fridays. Seems the current changes to peoples flights confirm this. As to when they start again? Who knows..

As to flying direct from Glasgow over indirect is that you don't need to get up so early on departure day. Arrival into MCO is roughly the same times.

If Virgin have changed your arrival airport they should be arranging travel to your original airport or offer you a full refund.

Edited at 10:31 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
It was stated some time ago that flights from Glasgow to MCO will depart on a Saturday and Wednesday and the MCO-GLA leg will be Tuesday and Fridays. Seems the current changes to peoples flights confirm this. As to when they start again? Who knows..

As to flying direct from Glasgow over indirect is that you don't need to get up so early on departure day. Arrival into MCO is roughly the same times.

If Virgin have changed your arrival airport they should be arranging travel to your original airport or offer you a full refund.
It was, but VA also “confirmed” that flights would be Friday and Saturday, returning the same days. Their communication around this has been shocking.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

So... my 331 days out was Wednesday for my outbound flight but my itinerary on VH still shows my flights as Fri 18/6 to Sat 3/7 even though these flights don’t exist anymore!
I had hoped they would make some kind of automatic alteration even if they didn’t contact me. But nope!
Do I need to wait until my inbound flight is at 331 days then they will amend both flights?
I tried once again to contact VH today but it is literally impossible unless you fly within the next 21 days.
My problem is that I have a villa owner holding a villa for me waiting until I can confirm my new dates!
This is driving me crazy!
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
Mobile

We’re on the same flight home as you, supposedly on the 3rd July but need to wait until the flight is released to find out what they’ve done. I’ve got a villa booked also 🙄
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
We’ve also came across this as I’ve posted in the other thread
I’ve picked my seats for my flight out on the 12th June but did a dummy booking as my friend had decided to come and there is no economy seats available to buy! Only PE and UC avail. Economy is still empty when I look at our seats! I’m hoping they aren’t thinking about cancelling this flight. We’ve booked with VH and supposed to be coming home on sat 3rd July but fully expect that to change to fri 2nd 🙄
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GLJ2
Earning More Ears

Virgin Glasgow Update

Hi Guys, just an update re. Virgin Glasgow flights. We were due to fly from Glasgow on Fri 13th Aug 2021 returning Friday 27th August booked through Virgin holidays. Today was the day we could select our seats and as expected when we logged in the flights weren’t there.

Managed to get through to customer services after only 10 mins. CS then said we had the option of a 13 or 17 day holiday. When I said that’s not what we paid for and asked if we could either move to the Manchester flight or cancel CS said we could do either. We’ve moved to the Manchester flights free of charge. When we booked the Manchester flights were nearly £2K more expensive so we were pleasantly surprised they changed them with no hassle. Our booking was updated within the hour.

We’re in Cumbria so changing to Manchester’s not an issue for us but realise it’s not ideal for those north of the border.

It was tempting to cancel but we were not ready to give up just yet! Only 316 days to go!
GLJ2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by GLJ2 View Post
Hi Guys, just an update re. Virgin Glasgow flights. We were due to fly from Glasgow on Fri 13th Aug 2021 returning Friday 27th August booked through Virgin holidays. Today was the day we could select our seats and as expected when we logged in the flights weren’t there.

Managed to get through to customer services after only 10 mins. CS then said we had the option of a 13 or 17 day holiday. When I said that’s not what we paid for and asked if we could either move to the Manchester flight or cancel CS said we could do either. We’ve moved to the Manchester flights free of charge. When we booked the Manchester flights were nearly £2K more expensive so we were pleasantly surprised they changed them with no hassle. Our booking was updated within the hour.

We’re in Cumbria so changing to Manchester’s not an issue for us but realise it’s not ideal for those north of the border.

It was tempting to cancel but we were not ready to give up just yet! Only 316 days to go!
That’s great news! 😊
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights