Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Virgin Reward / Companion Question

I cannot get through to anyone via the phone for Virgin so thought I would ask here. I am hoping to book 6 reward flights for next year. We have enough miles for the flights and I also have an earned companion flight.

I will need to book flights one way to hopefully secure them but how can I use the companion flight. I had planned to book via telephone as I think that is what I would need to do, but the likelihood is the flights would go by the time I get to speak to someone to book. It is my first time trying to do this and feeling like I am going to struggle.
Old 19 Sep 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

You can use the companion flight for a one-way flight. I currently have 2 x one-way flights and used last year's companion voucher on the outgoing and this year's companion voucher on the incoming. So you 'pay' your miles for 2 x flights and get 2 x flights 'free' of miles (unless it's upper class, then you get 2 for 50% miles). You will need to call and book though to used the voucher - you can't do that online I'm afraid.
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I cannot get through to anyone via the phone for Virgin so thought I would ask here. I am hoping to book 6 reward flights for next year. We have enough miles for the flights and I also have an earned companion flight.

I will need to book flights one way to hopefully secure them but how can I use the companion flight. I had planned to book via telephone as I think that is what I would need to do, but the likelihood is the flights would go by the time I get to speak to someone to book. It is my first time trying to do this and feeling like I am going to struggle.
Good luck, do let us know how you get on as we're in the same boat, not used our companion seat yet and planning a trip for August 21
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Thank you, sounds like it is going to be very tricky to use them.
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They are open 24 hours at the flying club so maybe worth calling as soon as your flights are released
6am maybe

Not sure if you can book the outward as soon as it's released then book the return when that's released

If you wait 2 or 3 weeks until the return is available the outward may have increased in price, become unavailable or the seats you wanted have gone.

Not sure how this affects the cost of booking the flights separately maybe someone who has done this method could reply

Edited at 07:36 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
They are open 24 hours at the flying club so maybe worth calling as soon as your flights are released
6am maybe

Not sure if you can book the outward as soon as it's released then book the return when that's released

If you wait 2 or 3 weeks until the return is available the outward may have increased in price, become unavailable or the seats you wanted have gone.

Not sure how this affects the cost of booking the flights separately maybe someone who has done this method could reply
I actually asked this question last night on here and yes, it does appear that they will let you amend the outgoing single reward flight to a return once that leg becomes available. Technically it should incur a £30pp admin fee but they may be waiving that at the moment. I'm about to try to do it in a couple of days time, so I will report back with my experience too.
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I actually asked this question last night on here and yes, it does appear that they will let you amend the outgoing single reward flight to a return once that leg becomes available. Technically it should incur a £30pp admin fee but they may be waiving that at the moment. I'm about to try to do it in a couple of days time, so I will report back with my experience too.
Will be good to hear what happens.keep us posted
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post

Is it your return flight you are booking?
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I called today asking if they can turn a single leg into a return. After much back and forth she said yes, they could, but as I could only use one companion voucher on a return, I opted to keep them as singles. I’ve sorted the outbound today and will call in 2 weeks to sort the return (fingers crossed there are reward seats! ).
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
6am maybe
Are they back open to 24 hours now? They were operating from 07:00 GMT when I called a couple of weeks back.

I need to call next week and Im going to try and use 2 x companions against UC return.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List