Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Jan 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

DCV Gold AP extension

Hi,
Thought I would update DVC members how I got on with a DVC pass extension.
I emailed the VIP pass holder line first.
They then sorted my mismatched dates from a phone call and email, old story. They messed up the free extension by a day, and our pass dates were out by a day versus each other. So, not being in the country yet that day helped, a few emails sorted that one.
I then reply emailed and asked what Mr Chapek and Disney were doing to assist overseas guests, as we were still unable to travel and use the very kind AP extension. I did say in the email I had heard they were kindly considering and offering some extensions to UK people.
The reply said they couldn’t do anything over email ( I believe they mean in writing!) but if I rang the VIP line they would see what they could do.
I rang at 12pm dead and got through straight away. I had a lovely lady but she was obviously going off phone a few times to speak to supervisors.
My passes were 14 days UK tickets upgraded to DVC gold annuals in Sept 2109. We travelled again in Jan 2020 but had two other trips planned for that annual pass, May and August 2020. The extension given by Disney for closures and additional month was Feb 2021.
I explained that we already had an issue using our DVC and now we hadn’t been able to use the pass, due to no fly. We hadn’t sought a refund as we had hoped to travel in the first instance. We explained we were now worried about our May 2021 trip, our points, and renewing in Feb 2021, as we would then only get one trip out of the renewal (Oct 2021 DVC booked)
I explained I had had an email from AP “Chuck” saying there appeared to be options for AP holders. I asked if they would consider extending to the end of May, in case we could come in May; if not able to travel then at least our renewal would cover two trips for 2021 and 2022.
In the first instance she said they wouldn’t refund as too many visits had been logged(the two trips). I explained I understood that but as the extension, which we were grateful for, couldn’t be used by overseas pass holders the extension would be a looked on with much appreciation.
In between this we chatted about the DCL cruise she lost and some other things, how we had all been affected.
She then came back and said, as a one time exception, they would extend to the end of May 2021 but it would only be for our two passes and there would be no to her extensions even if we couldn’t travel. I explained I was very grateful and this would be love, at least our renewals would then cover two trips. This call did take 50 minutes but it was worth it, staying calm and being nice.
I gave it a day and then was able to book park day passes for our May trip, not that I hold out much hope of going.
My tips:
Email, nicely, first. Explain your circumstances.
Helps if you have something booked, I think.
Call dead on 12pm, their opening time.
Be nice on the phone and explain you heard others got extensions and might they be able to help you.
TBH I do think being DVC and having our bookings for May and Oct may have helped. Not seeing so much luck for UK non DVC Pass holders.
Good luck everyone.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We upgraded tickets Christmas 2019 and don’t go back now until Dec 2021 (going to LA summer and Easter cancelled). I’ll try and get an extension until next Christmas (mine are due to expire July I think).
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We upgraded tickets Christmas 2019 and don’t go back now until Dec 2021 (going to LA summer and Easter cancelled). I’ll try and get an extension until next Christmas (mine are due to expire July I think).
Good luck. That sounds like a similar time frame so fingers crossed.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes thanks for the tip- I had emailed them late last week but heard nothing- probably lost within thousands of complaints over scrapping DME and DL Passes.
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousewife
Excited about Disney

Hi Twentyyears,
Wow this is the situation I found myself in and spent 2 hours on the phone earlier this week. The result was the would give me £50 refund for the upgrade and although I told them I wasn't looking for a refund, I had just hoped I could get another trip out of the pass especially as we couldn't use it because of the travel ban. They wouldn't budge and I was nice! I was actually really upset by their attitude and considering the phone call probably cost me what the offered. I have since emailed them and raised the points again and await an response. We only used 9 park days on the original pass so it's all very disappointing.
Mousewife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We are in a similar position. We purchased our DVC Gold AP in January 2020 whilst in Disney and used it for 5 days. It was automatically extended along with everyone else’s and now expires June 2021.We have since then had our August, October, November and January trips cancelled. We have a trip booked for the end of April but that is looking extremely doubtful , meaning that we used our APs for a total of 5 days!

We also have not been able to use our DVC points since becoming members due to all of the above pandemic cancellations. I have paid 2 years of dues and not had a DVC trip! 217 banked points expiring July 2021.

I wonder if it is worth calling them and politely asking if there is anything they can do at all.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We are in a similar position. We purchased our DVC Gold AP in January 2020 whilst in Disney and used it for 5 days. It was automatically extended along with everyone else’s and now expires June 2021.We have since then had our August, October, November and January trips cancelled. We have a trip booked for the end of April but that is looking extremely doubtful , meaning that we used our APs for a total of 5 days!

We also have not been able to use our DVC points since becoming members due to all of the above pandemic cancellations. I have paid 2 years of dues and not had a DVC trip! 217 banked points expiring July 2021.

I wonder if it is worth calling them and politely asking if there is anything they can do at all.
My view in life is if you don't ask you don't get. I find Member Services very good and I have never failed to get what I want by being calm, polite and explaining the problem or issue I have.

I messed up with a booking a few weeks ago and inadvertently borrowed Points from next years allocation even though I had loads left. I was dealing with another matter and then told the Lady I shouldn't be let loose with IT issues so she put them back for me and used my available Points.

Worth a shot.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mousewife View Post
Hi Twentyyears,
Wow this is the situation I found myself in and spent 2 hours on the phone earlier this week. The result was the would give me £50 refund for the upgrade and although I told them I wasn't looking for a refund, I had just hoped I could get another trip out of the pass especially as we couldn't use it because of the travel ban. They wouldn't budge and I was nice! I was actually really upset by their attitude and considering the phone call probably cost me what the offered. I have since emailed them and raised the points again and await an response. We only used 9 park days on the original pass so it's all very disappointing.
Did you get any reply?
Old 17 Feb 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

OP - Firstly congratulations. A little humility and charm can go a long way, but it often depends who you speak with at Member Services. Over the years I’ve had a couple of instances where I banked points and wanted them brought back into the original use year due to a change in circumstances. Each time I had to phone twice to get the right outcome.

Your post made me smile. It reads “My passes were 14 days UK tickets upgraded to DVC gold annuals in Sept 2109”. What folks on the DIBB would give for an expiry date of 2109 😁
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mousewife View Post
Hi Twentyyears,
Sorry to hear that. You should definitely try again. Good luck.

BTW - I always use the UK Member Services phone number to save getting hammered on international call charges.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List