Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 07, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LoobyLou
Hi Everyone,

Three weeks today - yay!
Anyway, can anyone give me some advice on how to encourage my DS to do coasters. He'll be 7 the week before we go and on our 2 previous trips he's been just a wee bit "too small" to go on any major coaster rides; although he was desperate to get on and ride.
His Dad loves 'em and we think he'd probably enjoy them too, except now it's comin' nearer, he's saying he'll think about it when he gets there! (Me, I'm a bit of a wuss, Space Mountain's my limit! )
Any guidance on how to "encourage" would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jo x
Might be worth trying a bid of pshycology in respect of the following;

If they can do the biggest ride, the highest form, the biggest speed this being the aircraft that will get you there, why not a tiny rollercoaster?

just a thought as it worked in my logistics when trying something for the first time ride wise!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 07, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm really sorry, but two people on here are acting without any consideration at all.

THE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE THERE FOR A REASON. There is a reason Disney use Vekoma for their coasters these days, as they have a lower height restriction then Intamin or B&M so the kids can enjoy themselves (and damn right they should too). But if they aren't tall enough don't stick socks in their shoes or paper under their hats.

This isn't a case of 'oh look our sons upset cause Space has a 44" restriction. Damn Disney for ruining our holiday.' If Space goes 101 (and it does so all the time due to an overzealous computer). The breaks on the ride close and all the rocket trains will run into them and stop. Hard and fast. That height restriction is to stop your precious child flying out and dying. If they aren't tall enough that bar won't hold them in. If you really think risking your childs life is worth it to go on a rollercoaster you aren't fit to be parents.

DON'T BE SO STUPID. There are plenty of other fantastic rides that don't have a restriction. Or wait until they are tall enough to go.

Ok rant over.
Old 25 Jan 07, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Thats a fair point lizardking.

Safe D begins with Me!

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 07, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post

:) Hi

I agree with all our friends, take it one step at a time. Let his confidence grow and he can make the choices for you.

Personally I am terrified of heights and won't do coasters, the rest of my family love them so I wait and hold the bags.

Perhaps at 53 I should see what I have been missing.

Oh, I do the tame ones in MK but none of the others.

LOL

Paul
Old 26 Jan 07, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread