Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Collapsable Water Bottles

HI Everyone

Does anyone use these in the parks to top up with water etc, there will be 5 of us and going in Aug so will need lots of hydration, are these worth it or do you just buy drinks etc in the parks, I know you can get free iced water.

Anybody who has used these can you recommend some good ones please?

Thank you

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

We used them a couple of years ago, they were ideal as they squashed down to a small size but then simply pulled out into a bottle, saved loads of room.

We just filled them up from a water fountain and added the squashem juice, saved a bit of dosh as the price of bottled water is a bit steep.

We got them from B&M and they came in loads of bright colours so we all had an individual one, they also came with a clip so the kids just had to unclip it from my back pack without hassling me to get it out.
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
esteeds
VIP Dibber

esteeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We have a couple from sports direct, 99p each if I remember correctly. They area good idea however you can ask for ice water almost everywhere and they will usually let you have one cup. As long as the queues are not too long this is the best option as the water fountains taste awful. You could take a flavour powder to add and take the edge off the metallic flavour.
1995 WDW Landstar Homes Villa | 1998 WDW Coronado Springs & Ft. Myers | 1999 WDW Key Largo & All Star Movies | 2002 Disneyland Paris Davy Crockett Ranch | 2007 Glenbrook Resort Villa | June 2008 DLP | 15 June 2009 DLP Sequoia Lodge | Oct 2010 Sunrise Villa, West Haven & Anna Maria Island | July 2013 DIBB Villa | 17th Aug.2015 Hard Rock Hotel | June 2019 - Hard Rock, Champions Gate, AMI
esteeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We have Vapour folding water bottles, they roll up really small and are very lightweight. The clip can attache to a bag or trouser band loop. You tuck the rolled up bottle in to the loop when not use or storing. Dishwasher safe too.
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

Valourgo Collapsible Water Bottle with Leak Proof Valve - BPA Free Silicone Foldable Squeeze for Sports Travel Cycling Camping - 21 Ounce

AITOO Collapsible Silicone Water Bottle (550 ML), BPA Free, Wide Mouth, Foldable Sports Bottle FDA-Approved Flexible Leak-Proof Sports Water Bottle for Outdoor Travel, Camping, Hiking

these are all from amazon - i have them on my holiday wish list as i cant decide which one

or the plastic roll up ones from poundland, B and M etc.

depends on what you want to spend as you can top up with water at the start of the day at the hotel then from the kiosks in the parks when you ask for a cup of iced water.

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone for your replies, think I will take a look at them, seems like a good option

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Some queues have water bottle filling points in them so the roll up plastic water bottles are perfect, queues can be long and you might get thirsty part way round and you will be thankful you have the collapsible water bottle!
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We took on our first trip, but after that we bought a pack of water (24 x 500ml bottles or similar) from Walmart, and too either chilled or frozen water into parks each day and refilled from fountains.

Frozen water was great, so refreshing - also use as ice block when taking food in!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

dont know how people drink the water its vile, smells vile,tastes vile made me gip even with robinsons in it i would need half a bottle of that stuff in to even attempt to drink it
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List