Notices

Old 23 Apr 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds great! We are doing a no parks trip this August and staying 3 nights at the grand plaza so will look forward to reading your report! Also like the sound of bikes and the orange blossom trail so going to look into that x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Sounds like a fantastic trip with lots of time for relaxing.

I also took redundancy from a well known high street bank about 19 months ago after 17 years service. No regrets and I am currently still at home may look for something part -time when the kids go back to school in Sept but no plans yet as its nearly summer

Looking forward to your report
Good for you! Ooh summer off sounds like bliss.

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
Looks like an excellent trip I will follow along as have really enjoyed your previous trip reports. We are also Florida bound with no Disney this year and looking to do a few different things. Never heard of kings landing and kayaking will definitely have to look at that.

We have done AMI twice. Rod and Reel Pier and Sandbar both good. Sandbar I think a little expensive for what it is but it is all really about the setting so we thought worth it.
Thank you. Yes - DH is swinging towards rod n reel I think

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Sounds great. Definitely go for the redundancy. Love the idea of moving around Florida.
Thanks

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a great trip!
Thanks - I hope so

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I am so looking forward to your trip report. Sounds like a fabulous plan. We are also staying at the Grand Plaza in st Pete for 4 nights in the summer and we are also not doing Disney this time. Sending the pixie dust for gardening leave x
Thanks - I’m praying to finish when we go to Florida but don’t fancy my chances

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
We stayed at the Grand Plaza for a couple of nights last September. We dined in the Spinners Revolving Rooftop Restaurant on the first night and Bongo's Beach Bar on the second night. Both of which we enjoyed. I booked Spinners on the hotel website months before we went which proved to be a good idea as it was full. If you do go tell them its a special evening and ask if they can seat you so that your table is looking out over the beach at sunset. Bongo's Beach Bar serves typical American food right on the beach and the portions were big. If you want more info pm me.
I've followed your adventures for the last couple of holidays and I enjoy reading your diary.
Thanks so much. I might just book spinners for our second night then as wasn’t sure where to eat then.

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great pre trip report, love the sound of your plans.

I'm another one who thinks you're doing the right thing taking redundancy and fingers crossed for your garden leave
Thanks so much

Originally Posted by Aliloo View Post
I too took redundancy from a high street bank after 18 years and retrained as a teacher. Opting to go was the hardest decision ever so well done for getting this far! Fingers crossed for garden leave, the waiting is a nightmare!
Thanks - it’s really encouraging to hear similar stories from other people. As much as I know I am doing the right thing, it’s still scary after all those years

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
That all sounds perfect to me! Xx
Me too! Can’t wait

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip! We get back just before you go, so I had better get a move on and start my pre trip report!
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Congrats (?) on your redundancy - it sounds like it’s the right thing for you & life certainly is for living.

Trip sounds great. I loved reading your trippie every day. The kids seem to be growing up so quickly-those memories will be precious.

Both AMI and SPB are on my hit list after so many glowing Dibb reports... must factor that in at some point xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This trip sounds great, we have just come back from doing NYC, St Pete Beach (stayed at Grand Plaza) & a Villa just doing Disney parks.
In hindsight I think the Universal parks would of been better for us but we wanted to do Avatar in AK.
St Pete Beach was lovely & have a look at having your breakfast at Skidders (doesn't sound great but it was by far the best breakfast we had during all of our holiday).
Me & DS also did the Star Wars VR @ Disney Springs & would highly recommend this as you would go together as a family of 4 I reckon.
AMI is on our list to do & I was actually looking at swapping our few days in St Pete to AMI a few months before we went so great that you are doing both
Have a fantastic holiday
Here's the sunset @... see if you can guess:

Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

Sorry to hear about your redundancy but it sounds as if it could be for the best, to be mortgage free and have a better work life balance is living the dream!

How do you get on taking Hannah out of school, my eldest starts secondary this year and I find myself thinking I cant take him out of school, but I have booked for next year crossing a week with the October holidays and I am in the process of looking at Turkey for this September as well so that's another week out of school (your fault , I read your live report and knew I needed a chill out sunshine holiday)
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
What a lovely trip you have planned. I did chuckle at the Mums solo day bit!
Not too busy a time but also not just mooching about. The right mix in my view.
Redundancy. Mmm.
Along with nearly 75 of my colleagues I got pensioned off out of the blue when the financial crisis hit. What a shock! Best thing that ever happened to me, I would have killed myself with the hours I was working and the stress I was under if I had stayed.

Darn me 2 years later at 53 years of age my Wife got offered a package from the Civil Service. She was running up the road!
We are loving our retirement albeit the old age pension is a long way off - well for my Wife it is. I can just about see mine looming in 3+ years.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Congratulations on the redundancy.

We are dropping Disney next year too and hopefully adding on a few beach days so will be following your reports for some tips. Enjoy your hols
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

Got the groupon for Ifly yesterday two flights for £30 I think it was wouldn't have looked had you not mentioned it lol
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Love the sound of all your plans. I don't think you'll regret the redundancy, more time with the kids especially through exam times and teenage woes is always going to be a positive. Time for you to enjoy yourself as well xx