Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Glasgow trip
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile First 3 weeks of May?

We’re thinking of the first 3 weeks in May for our next trip, as we’ll only be tied to uni holidays and not school holidays for the first time in forever. Probably 3rd to 23rd May, so leaving before Memorial Day.

Thoughts on whether that’s a good time - particularly crowds and weather? The research I’ve done suggests it should be ok on both counts, but would prefer some first hand views from Dibb experts!
Old 3 Jul 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I went this year from May 3rd to May 22nd and it was quiet as it can be in Disney nowadays. We used FP for the main rides and managed to do the other rides with just 5-20 mins wait times. The character meets overall had really short lines. We noticed the last couple of days it was getting busier- Islands of Adventure we had a lot of school groups but we managed to get Harry Potter and King Kong in twice before the lines shot upto 45-60 mins wait

The weather was great, it was really hot, we had two bad storms but the rest of the time it was amazing- it was hotter than I expected in May (some days it hit 34 degrees) but we were happy with that.

Flower and Garden at Epcot was really good, not as many booths as Food and Wine but the snack choices are amazing and the crowds were a lot less than F&W.

You should catch the last couple of days of the Seawood Food Festival too

Had no issues getting any ADRs or FPs in advance, also managed to get a couple of big ones on the day like Test Track.

I wish we were going back in May 2020 but more likely to be May 2021

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies

Edited at 03:25 PM.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Glasgow trip
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I went this year from May 3rd to May 22nd and it was quiet as it can be in Disney nowadays. We used FP for the main rides and managed to do the other rides with just 5-20 mins wait times. The character meets overall had really short lines. We noticed the last couple of days it was getting busier- Islands of Adventure we had a lot of school groups but we managed to get Harry Potter and King Kong in twice before the lines shot upto 45-60 mins wait

The weather was great, it was really hot, we had two bad storms but the rest of the time it was amazing- it was hotter than I expected in May (some days it hit 34 degrees) but we were happy with that.

Flower and Garden at Epcot was really good, not as many booths as Food and Wine but the snack choices are amazing and the crowds were a lot less than F&W.

Had no issues getting any ADRs or FPs in advance, also managed to get a couple of big ones on the day like Test Track.

Thank you! That’s sealed it for me - sounds like a great time to go!
Old 3 Jul 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We have been twice in May for a week and it was great. However our friends when 4 days earlier and it rained all day every day until we arrived. But we were told it was unusual.

For Universal I would stay onsite in RPR or higher and avail of the free express passes well worth the price of the hotel.

Old 3 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bubster20
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We’d love to go then (our fave time) but the Glasgow uni exams end date is end of May so we’re heading on 26/5 to 21/6 so we’re back in time for graduation!

Perfect time to go if you can, always been lucky with the weather and as someone mentioned, crowds are more than manageable x
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Glasgow trip
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bubster20 View Post
We’d love to go then (our fave time) but the Glasgow uni exams end date is end of May so we’re heading on 26/5 to 21/6 so we’re back in time for graduation! x
We’re lucky that our exam dates are to the very beginning of May, which really helps
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi,
We have never considered to visit in May but your post is very positive indeed. Recent VLogs we have watched showed the hot weather too. Definitely now a month to consider. We are looking at 2021 as next visit but we are also concerned about impact of 50th anniversary so may have to reconsider that one.
Thanks.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Hi,
We have never considered to visit in May but your post is very positive indeed. Recent VLogs we have watched showed the hot weather too. Definitely now a month to consider. We are looking at 2021 as next visit but we are also concerned about impact of 50th anniversary so may have to reconsider that one.
Thanks.
I must admit the 50th and Star Wars still being as popular as they expect, does put me off 2021 a little but I am hoping that May will still be reasonably quiet as it is off-peak

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

I must admit the 50th and Star Wars still being as popular as they expect, does put me off 2021 a little but I am hoping that May will still be reasonably quiet as it is off-peak
We may consider next year too. So it may be time to look at flights again.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List